Road to 30 and Conference Title

So.. here's the meat of the season for the 3 leading teams:

Indiana 23-10 with 10 games left, 5 games against Michigan (3A) and Nebraska (2H)

Nebraska 23-11 with 10 games left, 5 games against Indiana (2A) and Michigan (3H)

Michigan 23-12 with 9 games left, 6 games against Indiana (3H) and Nebraska (3A)

Knowing the above, 2 questions:

1. Whom do you think is best positioned to win 30 games?

2. Do you believe anyone will reach 30 wins

Indiana > Nebraska > Michigan

Indiana's pitching will help them steal games against us and Michigan. Our bats will always give us a puncher's chance. Michigan seems to be on the low end of both hitting and pitching, and I suspect will come up third in this horse race (but will reach 30, along with Indiana and Nebraska) and make the Tourney. 

Also, if the Big Ten does get three or more in the NCAA Tourney, that's not a bad feat for a northern baseball conference that people had written off until the past couple of seasons, and it shows improvement (in spite of the B1G not supporting Baseball). 

• Plus1 4

Leaving out the other games each plays is a mistake. NU plays Northwestern- which hasnt played for 18 games coming off losing 5 in a row. 

Indiana and Michigan play Maryland- which no one has swept all season- fairly good team. 

Indiana has the pitching- they will have to stub their toe a bit for NU or Michigan to win it. Anythings possible at this point. 

• Plus1 1

Honestly, I think in reality it's a 2 horse race. Michigan has 1 fewer game thereby making 3 loses preventing a 30 win season.

Nebraska, if they sweep Northwestern this weekend will be in a competitive position albeit a difficult one unless Michigan can take 2 of 3 from Indiana. If that's the case then it again becomes a 3 horse race.

What I see is Michigan losing 3 more games thereby going 6-3 ending at 29-15

I see Indian also losing 4 games thereby going 6-4 ending at 29-14 (The pod I think they too go 2 & 2)

and I see Nebraska going at best 6-4 though I believe they go 5-5. ending at 28 - 16 (2-1 vs Northwestern, 2-2 in the pod, 1-2 vs Michigan) if we win the series vs Michigan we end at 29-15, Michigan ends at 28-16. That series would be an awesome mini conference championship if they are 1 & 2 going into that weekend. This weekends series against Indiana (at Michigan mind you) will likely be the deciding factor in determining if the Mich vs Nebraska series is for the championship.

Forgot to say, I see the season ending with Indiana on top and both NU and Michigan at 28-16.

• 3 weeks later...

On 5/12/2021 at 11:48 PM, Loebarth said:

Honestly, I think in reality it's a 2 horse race. Michigan has 1 fewer game thereby making 3 loses preventing a 30 win season.

Nebraska, if they sweep Northwestern this weekend will be in a competitive position albeit a difficult one unless Michigan can take 2 of 3 from Indiana. If that's the case then it again becomes a 3 horse race.

What I see is Michigan losing 3 more games thereby going 6-3 ending at 29-15

I see Indian also losing 4 games thereby going 6-4 ending at 29-14 (The pod I think they too go 2 & 2)

and I see Nebraska going at best 6-4 though I believe they go 5-5. ending at 28 - 16 (2-1 vs Northwestern, 2-2 in the pod, 1-2 vs Michigan) if we win the series vs Michigan we end at 29-15, Michigan ends at 28-16. That series would be an awesome mini conference championship if they are 1 & 2 going into that weekend. This weekends series against Indiana (at Michigan mind you) will likely be the deciding factor in determining if the Mich vs Nebraska series is for the championship.

Forgot to say, I see the season ending with Indiana on top and both NU and Michigan at 28-16.

Wow... do I have to eat crow or do i have to eat Crappy Crow.... horrid prediction on my part. When will I learn to leave predictions to the experts!!! :facepalm::bang:facepalm: