BIG Doesn't Care About Baseball

35 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Whenever I check the Big Ten standings on my phone, it’s updated very quickly. They had the current standings after NU’s win over Indiana within 10 minutes. I think someone is overreacting in this thread. 

Well they currently have UM at 26 wins, but they only actually have 25 wins plus they also still don’t have the IU loss to ILL earlier this week on there either.

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, caveman99 said:

Well they currently have UM at 26 wins, but they only actually have 25 wins plus they also still don’t have the IU loss to ILL earlier this week on there either.

Yeah,  the baseball part of the BIG site has been off a good number of times this season. Im guessing the BTN announcers have their own schedules and standings totals so they can talk intelligently about the Title race- since both Indiana and Michigans records are screwed up.  

Watched game with my brother last night. He plays beer league baseball, said after every game, they go for beers and when he gets home the games have already been updated on their league site. 

It seems ridiculous a volunteer for a beer league baseball site runs  better and more accurate web site than the RICHEST college sports league in the planet. LOL  Lets hope since the middle school volunteer web site kid responsible for the BIGs site is now out of school for the summer so he can get the mess he created all sorted out.  What a joke. 

10 hours ago, caveman99 said:

Yeah its off still. A local beat writer even said he avoids it and uses D1 baseball's standings. Having your conf official website be accurate isn't a huge ask.

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

It's not a huge ask unless you're an official conference website. Unprofessional in every way. It's a joke and a horrible reflection on the conference but we all know the B1G couldn't careless about they're national perceptions. 

Just another example of the ineptness of the RICHEST college football conference in the planet that thinks their s#!t doesnt stink- is mighty in word and shallow in deeds. Incompetent bumblers every step of the way- do they really believe their own bulls--t narrative?

• Plus1 1

Yet another embarrassing mistake on the Baseball web site and giving Michigan an extra win that doesnt exist. I guess the unpaid middle school web guy doesnt have an adult checking his work. This is the OFFICIAL BIG web site- what a joke. Looks like Michigan had 4 games scheduled on 5/1 played 3 of them and won 2 by the same odd 18-8 score. Yeah right

5/1/2021 at Illinois Urbana-Champaign, IL W 18-8
5/1/2021 at Northwestern Evanston, Ill. Canceled
5/1/2021 vs. Illinois Evanston, Ill. L 4-5 (7 inn.)
5/1/2021 at Illinois Urbana-Champaign, IL W 18-8

Looks like the same person who is in charge of the website also must be the scheduling guy and seems like he may be from Indiana. Its so bad, you just have to laugh. 

Indiana plays 22 home games

Nebraska plays 16 home games

Indiana this weekend plays 4 games in 4 days- 24 hours apart

Nebraska played 3 games in 24 hours

Nebraska pitched #1- Indiana #1

Nebraska #2- OSU #1

Nebraska #3 - Indiana #2

Nebraska #4- OSU #3

Is it possible to stack the deck any more than it's already been stacked? Thumb is so heavy on the scales.  

I think "if" Nebraska does actually win (if is exactly that "IF") the title, @Nebraska55fan might have an aneurism "if" (and because of no professionalism) the B1G doesn't remove the "extra win" thereby accidentally showing a Michigan Championship due to the current record issue (Michigan showing 1 extra win (27 instead of 26)). Man, I know it's early but I read that and reread it. The post is saying what I want but its hard to comprehend written that way. Someone else needs to correct my ineptness and poke at @Nebraska55fan's ticker a little. Let's get his BP up. Seems when he's ranting we're winning!!!! :D:unsure::P:hellloooo:snacks::madash

Another example the BIG doesnt care about baseball- the TV coverage. BTN + is awful. With the exception of the games in Lincoln, the production value is horrific. The Indiana game I heard didnt even have sound? I was watching in a bar- so it didnt matter but if I was watching at home- I guess you do the radio thing which is always out of sync. Our radio guys do a great job- but this is real amateur hour with the BIG putting their brand on display in such a backyard- lets get Aunt Millie to sew the costumes, cousin Fred will make the stage props and lets have Ted and Ethel do the announcing once they learn the actual rules of the game. 

Not to mention on Sunday that the BTN announcers didnt even know what the standings were or that Nebraska would really be the league champs if they beat Michigan

Total BUSH LEAGUE 

• Plus1 1
On 5/26/2021 at 6:31 AM, Nebraska55fan said:

Another example the BIG doesnt care about baseball- the TV coverage. BTN + is awful. With the exception of the games in Lincoln, the production value is horrific. The Indiana game I heard didnt even have sound? I was watching in a bar- so it didnt matter but if I was watching at home- I guess you do the radio thing which is always out of sync. Our radio guys do a great job- but this is real amateur hour with the BIG putting their brand on display in such a backyard- lets get Aunt Millie to sew the costumes, cousin Fred will make the stage props and lets have Ted and Ethel do the announcing once they learn the actual rules of the game. 

Not to mention on Sunday that the BTN announcers didnt even know what the standings were or that Nebraska would really be the league champs if they beat Michigan

Total BUSH LEAGUE 

That was on Kevin and his colleague. They got clarification from the B1G office during the broadcast re: Big 10 Championship status and Kugler even posted as such on Twitter. 

Say what you will, but they’ve been updating their standings, the coverage has been better lately, and they responded mid-game to inquiries. Someone, somewhere is paying attention. 

Now, does that mean B1G baseball coverage can’t be better? Hell no, there’s a metric s**ton of room for improvement and scheduling, especially compared to the ACC, Pac12, Big XII, and SEC. And ultimately those are the conferences we’re competing against. 

• Plus1 1
46 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

That was on Kevin and his colleague. They got clarification from the B1G office during the broadcast re: Big 10 Championship status and Kugler even posted as such on Twitter. 

Say what you will, but they’ve been updating their standings, the coverage has been better lately, and they responded mid-game to inquiries. Someone, somewhere is paying attention. 

Now, does that mean B1G baseball coverage can’t be better? Hell no, there’s a metric s**ton of room for improvement and scheduling, especially compared to the ACC, Pac12, Big XII, and SEC. And ultimately those are the conferences we’re competing against. 

Updating the standings? They had the Michigan win totals wrong for SEVERAL WEEKS. Game that happened on 5/1 they didnt get corrected until what 5/22?  Thats THREE WEEKS> The Indiana schedule and loss total wrong for 3 days. Its a joke- so unprofessional. 

The TV coverage of a game between 1-2 with NO SOUND? really?

3 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

The non-con thing was the biggest red flag to me. You’re willing to have non-con basketball indoors in December but not non-con baseball outdoors in April? That’s a flashing sign that says we don’t care about baseball. 

• Thanks 2