Athletic CFB Mailbag: What does a successful 2021 season look like for Scott Frost at Nebraska?

21 hours ago, teachercd said:

People need to remember that the teams in the west are lame.  It is not that they are good teams and they beat NU it is that they are lame and NU is lamer.

Once NU gets back (wait for it) to even the Bo-Level, things will be "fine" and there is no reason for that to not be this season.

Really? Bo only won the division once - and got crushed by Wisconsin in the CCG. I think the only current West teams he didn't lose to at least once are Illinois and Purdue.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

Really? Bo only won the division once - and got crushed by Wisconsin in the CCG. I think the only current West teams he didn't lose to at least once are Illinois and Purdue.

Yeah, really.  Dude went to the conference title games 3 times and finished 1 or 2 six times out of 7 years.  

Most of us want that.

• Plus1 3
37 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yeah, really.  Dude went to the conference title games 3 times and finished 1 or 2 six times out of 7 years.  

Most of us want that.

You were talking about the B1G West. By my quick count, Bo went 13-7 against current West teams. Not great for teams you consider "lame", but certainly better than the two coaches since.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Most of us want that.

Counting the Big 12 stats is an LOL. He went to one Big Ten title game in four seasons in a division that featured coaching luminaries such as Bill Cubit, Gary Anderson, Darrell Hazel, Tracy Claeys and Hot Seat Kirk Ferentz and Pat Fitzgerald. All of those teams have better coaches or much healthier programs now.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
39 minutes ago, J-MAGIC said:

Counting the Big 12 stats is an LOL. He went to one Big Ten title game in four seasons in a division that featured coaching luminaries such as Bill Cubit, Gary Anderson, Darrell Hazel, Tracy Claeys and Hot Seat Kirk Ferentz and Pat Fitzgerald. All of those teams have better coaches or much healthier programs now.

And you would gladly take 1/4 

So would @RedDenver

And he finished 1 or 2 in the division every year.  Look, I get it, you don't like him, but don't pretend like you don't want those results again.

• Plus1 3

28 minutes ago, teachercd said:

And you would gladly take 1/4 

So would @RedDenver

And he finished 1 or 2 in the division every year.  Look, I get it, you don't like him, but don't pretend like you don't want those results again.

I just weird for you to claim how lame the West is and then reference Pelini, who was only moderately successful against the West. If you want to claim Pelini was getting good results, then it means the West wasn't all that lame.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

I just weird for you to claim how lame the West is and then reference Pelini, who was only moderately successful against the West. If you want to claim Pelini was getting good results, then it means the West wasn't all that lame.

That is the point.  That even modest Bo had them either 1 or 2 each year in this lame division.  Even a guy that most Husker fans not only hate but think was a lame coach, finished 1 or 2 every season in the west.  

The division blows and it is just waiting for the Huskers to stop blowing.  

• Plus1 2

Six wins and get to a bowl (and preferably win).  It has been so long since I have seen a complete 4 quarters of NU football that includes good at the basics ie blocking, penalties, TO's etc...I am tired of waiting so I will judge the Huskers simply by the W-L column. I could care less if the W's come from  teams more mistake prone, snake bit, lesser coaching, the refs give us all the breaks, their all everything player can't go, incompetent clock management, new staff, lack of experience etc.....I could care less if we "look better",  "play smarter", "try harder", "make less mistakes" etc and still lose.  Time to start winning.  If we are winning, the stuff that has plagued us for years is getting fixed.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

I think bowl eligibility 

but this could be reduced to just appearing to look more polished on offense.  Like having a set quarterback, snaps that get to him, a line that can give a play ample chance to develop, a running back that is handed(or pitched) the ball and is durable enough to pound the rock, receivers that can sometimes get separation, and a coaching staff that does an ok job at managing the clock.  

Defense is headed the right direction.