2022 Season Opener to take place in Dublin, Ireland

9 minutes ago, Farms said:

Couldn't go this year cause we will have a newborn in late August.  Now I really hope to make this work!

Oh yeah, as the kid gets to about 1 or 2 you will find that you will have tons of free time!

Oh and when they get to be a teen they are going to respect you a ton and really think you know a ton about life.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Perhaps I am in the minority here but this whole obsession with a game in ireland just seems to dumb to me.  

The only positive is this game is played super early on the schedule so it will be the only game on during that date as opposed to all other teams kicking off the weekend after.

That being said, I'd be shocked if that many college football fans are going to say, wow a game in ireland, im gonna tune into this.  

The game this year was part of the reason why we were faced with the minimal home game situation early on.  At least this game i think takes the place of a road game.

I feel like an actual road game at northwestern where perhaps recruits considering us could actually go to the game would be more beneficial than playing a game in a country that gives 2 s#!ts about american football.  

Pending on COVID pandemic will be ending. 50-50 chance I say.

NmBgZKx.png

verify ..... https://fbschedules.com/ncaa-2022/team/nebraska

Same venue, Dublin's Aviva Stadium. Beautiful natural grass surface.  I hate fake FieldTurf crap.

Anyway, I prefer Huskers vs Notre Dame Fighting Irish

https://huskers.com/news/2021/5/20/football-huskers-to-open-2022-season-in-ireland.aspx

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Oh yeah, as the kid gets to about 1 or 2 you will find that you will have tons of free time!

Oh and when they get to be a teen they are going to respect you a ton and really think you know a ton about life.

Lol I have a two year old now. Free time definitely already scarce. 

• Oh Yeah! 1

5 hours ago, gossamorharpy said:

Perhaps I am in the minority here but this whole obsession with a game in ireland just seems to dumb to me.  

The only positive is this game is played super early on the schedule so it will be the only game on during that date as opposed to all other teams kicking off the weekend after.

That being said, I'd be shocked if that many college football fans are going to say, wow a game in ireland, im gonna tune into this.  

The game this year was part of the reason why we were faced with the minimal home game situation early on.  At least this game i think takes the place of a road game.

I feel like an actual road game at northwestern where perhaps recruits considering us could actually go to the game would be more beneficial than playing a game in a country that gives 2 s#!ts about american football.  

Yeah I am with you...play it at Soldier Field or Wrigley, or just keep it home and home, I don't really get the draw of it being in Ireland.  

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yeah I am with you...play it at Soldier Field or Wrigley, or just keep it home and home, I don't really get the draw of it being in Ireland.  

I'm guessing it's not about the fans so much, as it is a recruiting selling pitch.

6 hours ago, gossamorharpy said:

I’ll gladly take an excuse to go back to Ireland.  Place is awesome.  And already have a group wanting to go. 

2 hours ago, Nebraska55fan said:

If youre Irish more power to you. For the kids, some might view it as a great benefit, others a long distance distraction. When I travel to Europe, I dont limit myself to one place and if I did, it wouldnt be Ireland- no offense- many better locations over there to choose from. 

Dublin is a pretty cool city and Ireland is beautiful. To each there own I suppose.

6 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Im a foodie and adventurer. Ive only been to Europe 3 times- so when I go, like to be very close to various cultures within driving distance- day adventures type thing. 

Trust me I am too! You can fly from Dublin to Pisa for 35 bucks. Dublin to London or Paris for 15. And they're like 2 hour flights

14 hours ago, RedSavage said:

I’ll gladly take an excuse to go back to Ireland.  Place is awesome.  And already have a group wanting to go. 

No arguments here, ireland is awesome.  So awesome i dont need a husker game to compel me to go there, id rather just do an ireland trek and also have a lincoln/chicago game day in the fall ! ;)

• Plus1 1