13. East Carolina

14. Oregon

15. Florida

16. Louisiana Tech

Bracket One

#4 Vanderbilt (1-0) vs. NC State (1-0)

#5 Arizona (0-1) vs. #9 Stanford (0-1)

Bracket Two

Virginia (1-0) vs. #7 Mississippi St (1-0)

#2 Texas (0-1) vs. #3 Tennessee (0-1)

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 6

53 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

So if D1 baseball has us in Fayetteville this week, where do we meet for the riot. In all seriousness, I really hope at this point the NCAA gives us what we deserve, a regional match up with a 8-16 ranked team, and not the buzzsaw that is Arkansas. 

We won't be playing in Fayetteville to start. Maybe a super their but think about it.. 

• First we will have played 43 conference games and currently having lost only 11.. That's a huge accomplishment
  • Secondly, D1 has us there for the viewership. They know putting Nebraska in Fayetteville will draw views thereby lining their pockets.
  • Thirdly, the ncaa is about $$$ and they know the biggest $$$ is a Nebraska team in the CWS and second would be a Nebraska vs Arkansas super regional. 
  • Lastly, the B1G is a power 5 conference and in that, does hold credibility. Especially with Michigan and Indiana's recent success.

and finally;

The 2nd seeds are also ranked and a Power 5 conference champion is not going to be the 32nd ranked team. (16 regional hosts, followed by 16 #2 seeds) Honestly, if the huskers win the Michigan series I fully expect them to be a 1 seed in one of the Big 12 regionals or even possibly the Gonzaga regional though they could award them the 1 seed in Pittsburg too. 

• Oh Yeah! 1
6 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

We won't be playing in Fayetteville to start. Maybe a super their but think about it.. 

• First we will have played 43 conference games and currently having lost only 11.. That's a huge accomplishment
  • Secondly, D1 has us there for the viewership. They know putting Nebraska in Fayetteville will draw views thereby lining their pockets.
  • Thirdly, the ncaa is about $$$ and they know the biggest $$$ is a Nebraska team in the CWS and second would be a Nebraska vs Arkansas super regional. 
  • Lastly, the B1G is a power 5 conference and in that, does hold credibility. Especially with Michigan and Indiana's recent success.

and finally;

The 2nd seeds are also ranked and a Power 5 conference champion is not going to be the 32nd ranked team. (16 regional hosts, followed by 16 #2 seeds) Honestly, if the huskers win the Michigan series I fully expect them to be a 1 seed in one of the Big 12 regionals or even possibly the Gonzaga regional though they could award them the 1 seed in Pittsburg too. 

If we want to help ourselves even more we sweep Michigan.

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Please remind me again, because college baseball isn't something I've followed closely over the years, are regionals single elimination?  Then, they go to a super regional before the CWS?  Right?

Regionals are double elimination. If you win your 4 team regional you go to the supers which is a 3 game series with another regional winner. Winner of that to CWS. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
Just now, BigRedBuster said:

Please remind me again, because college baseball isn't something I've followed closely over the years, are regionals single elimination?  Then, they go to a super regional before the CWS?  Right?

Regional pods are 4 teams and it is double elimination. There will already be 1 team in the regional final with no losses and one team with 1 loss, the 1 loss team has to beat the other team twice to win the regional. 

Super Regionals are two Regional winners in a best of three series.

• Oh Yeah! 2