2021 NCAA Tournament

1 minute ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Regionals are double elimination. If you win your 4 team regional you go to the supers which is a 3 game series with another regional winner. Winner of that to CWS. 

1 minute ago, caveman99 said:

Regional pods are 4 teams and it is double elimination. There will already be 1 team in the regional final with no losses and one team with 1 loss, the 1 loss team has to beat the other team twice to win the regional. 

Super Regionals are two Regional winners in a best of three series.

Thanks.

10 hours ago, Loebarth said:

We won't be playing in Fayetteville to start. Maybe a super their but think about it.. 

• First we will have played 43 conference games and currently having lost only 11.. That's a huge accomplishment
  • Secondly, D1 has us there for the viewership. They know putting Nebraska in Fayetteville will draw views thereby lining their pockets.
  • Thirdly, the ncaa is about $$$ and they know the biggest $$$ is a Nebraska team in the CWS and second would be a Nebraska vs Arkansas super regional. 
  • Lastly, the B1G is a power 5 conference and in that, does hold credibility. Especially with Michigan and Indiana's recent success.

and finally;

The 2nd seeds are also ranked and a Power 5 conference champion is not going to be the 32nd ranked team. (16 regional hosts, followed by 16 #2 seeds) Honestly, if the huskers win the Michigan series I fully expect them to be a 1 seed in one of the Big 12 regionals or even possibly the Gonzaga regional though they could award them the 1 seed in Pittsburg too. 

Where would the NCAA sent Nebraska then?  They try to at least attempt to keep things somewhat geographical for the regionals.  If it isn't Fayetteville, the only other guess I can come up with would be Spokane.  Creighton got sent to Corvallis a couple of years ago so it wouldn't be the craziest thing ever.  As much as it stinks, I think NU is getting shipped down to WPS.  I really hope I'm wrong though.

1 hour ago, Nebraska55fan said:

1 Seed in Pittsburgh would be great. Pitt has lost 7 in a row, but seem to have a knack for beating the ranked teams. Lots of offense.

I'd be really surprised if Pitt was awarded a regional given their recent form.  

Kendall Rogers just said he's hoping nebraska gets a 2 seed in one of the easier regionals. said the huskers are a very difficult two seed. thats a pat on the back for our boys!!

Edit:

from the D1 chat:

12:32

Thoughts on Nebraska potentially getting a one seed?

12:32
Kendall Rogers

I don't think the Huskers get a one seed at the point. I think if you see someone traveling as a one-seed, it would be someone like NC State should it roll through the ACC tournament. Nebraska, for me, will be a two-seed, and an incredibly difficult two-seed to face. My hope is that the Huskers get sent to one of the 'easier' regionals.

And... same question asked and responded to by Aaron Fitt:

1:10
Chance for Nebraska being a 1 seed in a remote Regional? Maybe in the Zags regional or say Pits?

Aaron Fitt
1:10
Kendall kinda dismissed the chances for this earlier, but I'm not so sure. Nebraska's record in the Big Ten is really loud for me; it's a .725 winning percentage and a 3.5 game lead in the standings. What else can they really do? I think if they win that last series against Michigan, the Huskers have a real chance to be a 1 seed on the road (in Spokane or maybe Charlotte? But not Pitt. I don't think Pitt gets a home regional regardless.)

According to the NCAA Web site they dont consider teams- when picking game sites. 

"The designation of predetermined sites will have no bearing on the teams selected to participate or for seeding in the 2021 Division I Baseball Championship. The championship field will consist of 30 conference automatic qualifiers and 34 at-large qualifiers.

The final 16 predetermined sites will be revealed at 8:30 p.m. Eastern time Sunday, May 30."

So you would THINK the NCAA would want a place hosting- having a link to a team. That would be too simple to be accurate I guess. Maybe the BIG has been taking bumbling stupidity lessons from the NCAA. 

https://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/article/2021-05-13/division-i-baseball-committee-announces-championship-host-sites

2 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

According to the NCAA Web site they dont consider teams- when picking game sites. 

"The designation of predetermined sites will have no bearing on the teams selected to participate or for seeding in the 2021 Division I Baseball Championship. The championship field will consist of 30 conference automatic qualifiers and 34 at-large qualifiers.

The final 16 predetermined sites will be revealed at 8:30 p.m. Eastern time Sunday, May 30."

So you would THINK the NCAA would want a place hosting- having a link to a team. That would be too simple to be accurate I guess. Maybe the BIG has been taking bumbling stupidity lessons from the NCAA. 

In this case... this is a one year thing. the ncaa did it this way this year as to give 20 locations time to implement personal protective measures into place. I'm ok with that and I think most everyone is as well. did it cost us a regional, no, we costs us a regional when we looked forward instead of looking at the opponent that day. still and regardless.. this is a Great Season and one we the fans should remember. thru all the covid nightmare our boys played well enough to earn a conference championship and be considered for a possible remote regional 1 seed. That reason enough for me to celebrate and celebrate I will. :)

47 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

In this case... this is a one year thing. the ncaa did it this way this year as to give 20 locations time to implement personal protective measures into place. I'm ok with that and I think most everyone is as well. did it cost us a regional, no, we costs us a regional when we looked forward instead of looking at the opponent that day. still and regardless.. this is a Great Season and one we the fans should remember. thru all the covid nightmare our boys played well enough to earn a conference championship and be considered for a possible remote regional 1 seed. That reason enough for me to celebrate and celebrate I will. :)

You may not realize, its possible to celebrate Nebraska's great season and to be critical of the NCAA. Those 2 are not somehow mutually exclusive in any way whatsoever. :cheers

Setting up COVID protocols isnt like you are splitting atoms or preparing for the Olympics for crying out loud. Its just 4 small roster baseball teams playing an outdoor sport staying just short of a week- some leaving after a couple of days. :dunnoOne would HOPE and EXPECT the NCAA has a process in place and MOST of the places hosting probably are already adhering to some existing conference protocols. Weve been dealing with this thing for 18 months now- its really nothing new at all at this point.