2021 NCAA Tournament

During our regional the announcer said Kopps wasn’t projected to go high in the draft and he was unsure why. Kids got great stuff and great command. 

maybe teams are scared due to overuse? Not sure if the extremely elevated pitch count/IP was for the tournament only or if that’s typical. 

1 hour ago, krc1995 said:

During our regional the announcer said Kopps wasn’t projected to go high in the draft and he was unsure why. Kids got great stuff and great command. 

maybe teams are scared due to overuse? Not sure if the extremely elevated pitch count/IP was for the tournament only or if that’s typical. 

It's more because of his age, I think he's already 24 which is ancient in college baseball years.  I mean, he probably should be dominating college guys.  Pro ball loves projecting guys who have tons of untapped potential and I'm not sure how much higher Kopps ceiling is.  Someone will take a flier on Kopps for sure late in the draft.  I'd probably bump him straight into AA ball and see if he can hang because that's generally where clubs best prospects reside.  It'll be interesting to see if his stuff plays on the next level, he really came out of nowhere this year.

• Plus1 1

20 hours ago, admo said:

Really pulling for Dallas Baptist yall. 

DBU was my first offer ever.  They very well known (in Texas), and long time NAIA powerhouse baseball program, before going DIV 1 in 2007 or so (here in Dallas).  Think small, small, small college/university.  But the baseball program is so good they beat ranked A&M, Texas, TCU, Tech, Oklahoma State, OU etc, etc (over the years). They went to NAIA World Series 10 times in 25 years. 

They got a great baseball program.  

I seriously thought about going there, and then got offers from other great baseball schools (... I signed with the Cleveleand Indians instead, bounced to the Orioles farm, and then Detroit Tigers...)  but I always loved DBU and it's always been special to me, and always will be (and 10 minutes from my hood).

If they don't make it this year, they will soon.  The program is a winning machine.  I def pulling for the little Patriots yo

Thanks for the insight 

What is you’re opinion about these showcases for high school kids.  Do you think they’re necessary or just a money grab? Im sure my husband know what he’s talking about, he says they’re stupid and that if you have a talented kid, colleges(And pro scouts) will find them. But I don’t know how. Many of the kids around my sons age are attending these showcase camps. 

1 hour ago, krc1995 said:

Thanks for the insight 

What is you’re opinion about these showcases for high school kids.  Do you think they’re necessary or just a money grab? Im sure my husband know what he’s talking about, he says they’re stupid and that if you have a talented kid, colleges(And pro scouts) will find them. But I don’t know how. Many of the kids around my sons age are attending these showcase camps. 

On the surface it sounds nice.  But I don't think they are necessary at all.  There are other ways.

Spend a little time on this link.  I hope it's helpful.  And good luck!

https://keepplayingbaseball.org/parents/

If you scroll down there is info on showcases. 

4 hours ago, admo said:

On the surface it sounds nice.  But I don't think they are necessary at all.  There are other ways.

Spend a little time on this link.  I hope it's helpful.  And good luck!

https://keepplayingbaseball.org/parents/

If you scroll down there is info on showcases. 

Very comprehensive site right up to the Driveline plug in recruitment resources.^_^

Seriously though, I appreciate it. I guess he’s right about this one.