2021 NCAA Tournament

4 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

I am absolutely gutted for NC State.  What a cruddy way to go out.  My goodness, Mississippi State better win today.  I don't want to live in a world where I need to choose between Texas and the godforsaken Vandy Whistler.

Having an SEC team in the finals against the Vandy Whistler is only a degree less objectionable than the Texas Shorthorns. 

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Well, this ruins the 'they should of been vaccinated' narrative.:facepalm:

It's ridiculous.  They should have tested only the non-vaccinated players.  And the game should have been played without the 2 positive players not vaccinated.  Why?  Because most people in society that got vaccinated are not wearing a mask and not getting tested at entrance.  They are strolling into restaurants, into retail clothing stores, into grocery stores, etc.  They are drinking from glasses, touching clothes on racks, touching fruits and vegetables, etc... and yet, they could possibly test positive for covid without knowing - and nobody is stopping them.  But NCAA and baseball is different?  SMH

• Plus1 2

On 6/26/2021 at 12:04 PM, TonyStalloni said:

Having an SEC team in the finals against the Vandy Whistler is only a degree less objectionable than the Texas Shorthorns. 

While normally I'm 100% anti-SEC, I can absolutely get behind Mississippi State winning it all.  I don't think the school has ever won a national title in...anything?  Plus Mississippi State has been coming to Omaha for a lot of years...how that team with Will Clark, Bobby Thigpen and Raffy Palmero didn't win it all I have no idea.  Lastly Ron Polk fought the good fight for a lot of years against the NCAA to carve out a niche for baseball, I'd honestly be pretty thrilled if they won.  

EDIT, just saw that Jeff Brantley was on that team too!  Good grief!

• Plus1 2