2021-2022 Season Notes

Some notes to share with everyone. From sports nightly with Fred Hoiberg tonight.

-Breidenbach is a lot better than expected it seems. He is now back after his injury. Can play a few positions for us and has done well since coming back from the injury. Will allow us a small ball five but mostly play the four and can stretch the floor. 

-About 5 or so practices left of player workouts before they are sent home for a few weeks. 

-Bryce Mcgownes is a great basketball player. He can take over a game at times and can completely dominate on the floor. 

-Verge has been a solid addition to the team. So far so good on that front after losing Dalano. He gives us depth in the backcourt. 

-Hoiberg likes the continuity of the team and new adds to the year for depth. We are doing things off the court to build chemistry. 

-Tominaga will be used this year and his spacing will free up other players. If teams do not guard him he will make them pay as he is a volume shooter that shoots it very well and can have a big role. 

-Trey Mcgownes is focused on making the right plays and finding the right players- which he is doing well in. Was trying his best to get Bryce the ball when he hit a few shots. You can tell Hoiberg is loving his leadership and everything about him that he has done over the summer. 

My take on Trey- He is going to allow his brother to play freely by getting him the ball when he is hot. Trey will also stand up to any dude trying to trash talk or get Bryce off his game so Bryce can focus on making plays. Trey will still score the ball but will have to be more of a facilitator at the point guard spot with lots of talent around the team. I would say from what I have heard he is definitely the leader on this team. 

Trey says he could play football if he wanted to because he is very confident in his abilities. Hoiberg told him no way as we need him this year. All in jest of course but thought I would share as it was funny. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
10 hours ago, HuskermanMike said:

Some notes to share with everyone. From sports nightly with Fred Hoiberg tonight.

-Breidenbach is a lot better than expected it seems. He is now back after his injury. Can play a few positions for us and has done well since coming back from the injury. Will allow us a small ball five but mostly play the four and can stretch the floor. 

-About 5 or so practices left of player workouts before they are sent home for a few weeks. 

-Bryce Mcgownes is a great basketball player. He can take over a game at times and can completely dominate on the floor. 

-Verge has been a solid addition to the team. So far so good on that front after losing Dalano. He gives us depth in the backcourt. 

-Hoiberg likes the continuity of the team and new adds to the year for depth. We are doing things off the court to build chemistry. 

-Tominaga will be used this year and his spacing will free up other players. If teams do not guard him he will make them pay as he is a volume shooter that shoots it very well and can have a big role. 

-Trey Mcgownes is focused on making the right plays and finding the right players- which he is doing well in. Was trying his best to get Bryce the ball when he hit a few shots. You can tell Hoiberg is loving his leadership and everything about him that he has done over the summer. 

My take on Trey- He is going to allow his brother to play freely by getting him the ball when he is hot. Trey will also stand up to any dude trying to trash talk or get Bryce off his game so Bryce can focus on making plays. Trey will still score the ball but will have to be more of a facilitator at the point guard spot with lots of talent around the team. I would say from what I have heard he is definitely the leader on this team. 

Trey says he could play football if he wanted to because he is very confident in his abilities. Hoiberg told him no way as we need him this year. All in jest of course but thought I would share as it was funny. 

Awesome stuff. Thanks Mike

• Oh Yeah! 1

Walker hinted that, even though he has two years of eligibility left, this might be his last year here.  Said he's getting old.  :lol:

Trey McGowens also leaning towards leaving after this year, even though he'll have another year of eligibility.

Bryce looking to be one-and-done.

Andre is up 20 pounds from last year.  Said it seems like all he ever does is eat.