2021-2022 Season Notes

5 hours ago, Mavric said:

Walker hinted that, even though he has two years of eligibility left, this might be his last year here.  Said he's getting old.  :lol:

Trey McGowens also leaning towards leaving after this year, even though he'll have another year of eligibility.

Bryce looking to be one-and-done.

Andre is up 20 pounds from last year.  Said it seems like all he ever does is eat.

I've got Lakes, Mayen, Trey McGowens, Verge, Walker & Webster as seniors.  Lakes, Verge & Webster are taking advantage of the extra year, so they will definitely be gone next year & I'm assuming the other three will be too. 

At this point I still think Bryce McGowens is coming back next year - he will have to prove it on the court to be a one-and-done.  I'm not saying he won't, but all we've seen so far is a couple of 10 second highlights from practices.  I wouldn't mind seeing him be a two-and-done guy.  Players frequently make big jumps after their first year in college.

On 7/30/2021 at 9:07 AM, Mavric said:

Walker hinted that, even though he has two years of eligibility left, this might be his last year here.  Said he's getting old.  :lol:

Trey McGowens also leaning towards leaving after this year, even though he'll have another year of eligibility.

Bryce looking to be one-and-done.

Andre is up 20 pounds from last year.  Said it seems like all he ever does is eat.

You’re just doing a great job of being cheery this morning. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I have high expectations for this team. 

Top 6 in B1G and Tournament bid and first ever win is what I am hoping for.

If they get those first two things I will be happy. You never know what kind of matchup you'll get in the tourney. Especially the past few years! I feel like the selection committee is getting drunk/stoned before they do the seedings anymore 

1 hour ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I have high expectations for this team. 

Top 6 in B1G and Tournament bid and first ever win is what I am hoping for.

I'm not sure my expectations are quite that high.  They will be much better than last year, but I think with 10 new players (including the two walk-ons), it will depend on how well the team meshes.  Early interviews indicate that everyone is getting along famously.  What else would they say at this point and what happens when players don't get as much PT as they want? 

I'm hopeful that they are at least a bubble team.  The potential is there to be much better than that, but you never know what happens with that many new players.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, ECisGod said:

I'm not sure my expectations are quite that high.  They will be much better than last year, but I think with 10 new players (including the two walk-ons), it will depend on how well the team meshes.  Early interviews indicate that everyone is getting along famously.  What else would they say at this point and what happens when players don't get as much PT as they want? 

I'm hopeful that they are at least a bubble team.  The potential is there to be much better than that, but you never know what happens with that many new players.

Agreed. This team screams NIT 2 or 3 seed to me but they will win a few games that surprise some people

10 hours ago, ECisGod said:

Yeah, top 6 in conference, that is big.

Purdue, OSU, Michigan, Illinois, MSU and Maryland, probably your top 6.

Iowa, Rutgers, PSU, Minny, probably your bottom four.

That leaves NU, NW, Indiana (watch out for them), Wisconsin (falling fast)