2021-2022 Season Notes

22 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Against K-State the high post was much closer to the 3 point line, than the free throw line most of the time.  I think that was part of the problem with all of Walkers turnovers.  When he "posted" at the 3 point line, there was no spacing to get the ball to anyone outside the 3 point line with any chance to shoot and there didn't seem to be any cutters for him to pass to either.

7 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

Against K-State the high post was much closer to the 3 point line, than the free throw line most of the time.  I think that was part of the problem with all of Walkers turnovers.  When he "posted" at the 3 point line, there was no spacing to get the ball to anyone outside the 3 point line with any chance to shoot and there didn't seem to be any cutters for him to pass to either.

This tweet made me think that he's going to be posting up more or doing more pick and rolls.  If he's going to post up against some of the bigs in the Big Ten, there's going to have to be some good ball movement to help him get in good position.

And, this team isn't good at that.

31 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

This tweet made me think that he's going to be posting up more or doing more pick and rolls.  If he's going to post up against some of the bigs in the Big Ten, there's going to have to be some good ball movement to help him get in good position.

And, this team isn't good at that.

I haven’t got watch many - just listened - so what are some things this team does well?  If any?   Was supposed to shoot great but ??? not so far. Ugh.  

4 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I haven’t got watch many - just listened - so what are some things this team does well?  If any?   Was supposed to shoot great but ??? not so far. Ugh.  

They inbound after opponents made baskets really well.  I can't think of a single turnover on that.

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Don’t they usually play a holiday tournament between Christmas and New Years?

The last several years they have played a Thanksgiving tournament.  They must have upset ESPN last year by not participating in one of theirs because of Covid, so they had to make their own this year.  They "hosted" a tournament with Southern, Tennessee State & South Dakota this year.  Next year they will be back in en ESPN sponsored event.

Most of the Christmas tournaments have become second rate because the NCAA has said they have to give players three days off for the holiday.  With league play starting right around New Year's, it is hard to go to a tournament around Christmas, give the players three days off and be ready for conference play.

• Plus1 2