2021-2022 Season Notes

4 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Playing Def. Is a desire.Def. have a multiple of issues.  We are getting too many transport players who do not want to play def.  We have a pf playing c & stretch forward who is too slow to play good def.  Finally, we get frustrated by the officials & quit playing.

While I don't disagree with most of what you said...everyone has portal guys now.  We've chosen St. John's type guys.

This was my fear when MA came on as the ace recruiter.  He's gonna get you studs...absolute freak ball players, but they're going to be st. John's type guys.  Me guys.  

Get me a mateen cleaves, Jacque Vaughn, Fred vanvleet type guy in here.  A guy that's got some dog in him & can take over when he has to...but is the absolute leader and gets everyone else going.  

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Cobra Kai said:

While I don't disagree with most of what you said...everyone has portal guys now.  We've chosen St. John's type guys.

This was my fear when MA came on as the ace recruiter.  He's gonna get you studs...absolute freak ball players, but they're going to be st. John's type guys.  Me guys.  

Get me a mateen cleaves, Jacque Vaughn, Fred vanvleet type guy in here.  A guy that's got some dog in him & can take over when he has to...but is the absolute leader and gets everyone else going.  

To some extent that is supposed to be Trey McGowens.  Not necessarily to take over, but the leader & getting everyone else going.

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

To some extent that is supposed to be Trey McGowens.  Not necessarily to take over, but the leader & getting everyone else going.

I agree with that.  That seems to be what hoiberg is/was banking on.  He's not really a true point guard though.   We need one of those.  A floor general guy.  Someone has to keep the riff raff in line on the floor.

• Plus1 1
40 minutes ago, Cobra Kai said:

I agree with that.  That seems to be what hoiberg is/was banking on.  He's not really a true point guard though.   We need one of those.  A floor general guy.  Someone has to keep the riff raff in line on the floor.

As far as I can tell there isn't a true point guard on the roster unless McPherson is, but he's redshirting.  There's not even a "point forward".

15 hours ago, Cobra Kai said:

Pretty hard for the point guard to keep the riff raff in line when the point guard is part of the riff raff.

Hopefully Trey gets back soon.  I still believe he's the closest thing we have to a point guard.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Pretty hard for the point guard to keep the riff raff in line when the point guard is part of the riff raff.

Hopefully Trey gets back soon.  I still believe he's the closest thing we have to a point guard.

He's not part of the riff raff, he's their leader.

• Oh Yeah! 1