2021-2022 Season Notes

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Word is that Trey McGowens and Walker are at least considering coming back again next season.

That's good to hear.  I wonder if there is even the slightest chance that Bryce would come back then.  I know I've expressed that I can't see how he's going to get drafted as a high draft pick.  But, there's been evaluations posted from people that know more than me that differ on that.

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

That's good to hear.  I wonder if there is even the slightest chance that Bryce would come back then.  I know I've expressed that I can't see how he's going to get drafted as a high draft pick.  But, there's been evaluations posted from people that know more than me that differ on that.

Would love to have those two guys back.  Walker has improved his game so much since getting here.  I'd love to see what another year could do for him.  Mcgowens is a dude on defense.

If everyone comes back (that can), including Bryce, we would be at 15 schollies.  We'd definitely have some attrition.  It'll be interesting to see how it shakes out.

5 hours ago, Cobra Kai said:

Would love to have those two guys back.  Walker has improved his game so much since getting here.  I'd love to see what another year could do for him.  Mcgowens is a dude on defense.

If everyone comes back (that can), including Bryce, we would be at 15 schollies.  We'd definitely have some attrition.  It'll be interesting to see how it shakes out.

By my count we'd be at 14 if Walker, Trey & Bryce all come back.  I guess 15 if Mayen comes back, but I don't think he will be wanted by Hoiberg.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Interesting interview from Kobe Webster on 93.7 the ticket. He really was pretty open for it being the middle of the season. Said coaches aren’t holding players accountable and players aren’t holding other players accountable. Among other interesting answers. Whole thing sounds broken…

Link? Would love to listen

37 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Should have included this, my bad. The last 8ish minutes is when he goes into the accountability stuff.

I havent been on the "Fire Hoiberg" tease yet but things like that make me think we need new coaches or figure something out with the guys in house.

Kobe was holding back but it sounds to me like we have a major culture problem. I respect Kobe and when he says things like this, I listen. 

14 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Interesting interview from Kobe Webster on 93.7 the ticket. He really was pretty open for it being the middle of the season. Said coaches aren’t holding players accountable and players aren’t holding other players accountable. Among other interesting answers. Whole thing sounds broken…

As a "super senior", shouldn't he be one of the one's holding teammates accountable?

• Plus1 1
43 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

As a "super senior", shouldn't he be one of the one's holding teammates accountable?

I think his point was it doesnt matter if the coaches dont have your back and wont hold players accountable. 

If he gets on a guy like Bryce and then the coaches let bryce keep making the same mistakes, it just makes Webster look like his voice doesnt matter. 

2 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Yes & he maybe unhappy about not being the starter & playing time.  I would image that the portal brings some premadonnas as players are leaving teams because of playing time or discipline.  

I actually don't think Kobe is that kind of guy. He took a massively reduced role just to come to Nebraska and be a role player. The he decided to come back an extra year when he didn't have to - he could have been done after last year. 

**Before he lost his job earlier this week, now-former Chicago Bulls head coach Fred Hoiberg had reportedly lost control of his team. The Athletic's Darnell Mayberry reported Tuesday that "players no longer believed in his system and became increasingly emboldened in undermining Hoiberg's authority." Meanwhile, Bulls star Zach LaVine was reportedly allowed to do "anything he wanted."  

**Chicago Bulls guard Jimmy Butler said after Saturday’s 107–91 loss to the Knicks that he thought the team could probably be coached harder on occasion. “I believe in the guys in this locker room but I also believe we probably have to be coached a lot harder at times,” Butler said, as reported by Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune. “I’m sorry, I know Fred is a laid-back guy and I really respect him for that, but when guys aren’t doing what they’re supposed to do, you have to get on guys—myself included.”

Inability to hold guys accountable seems to be becoming a theme. 

• Plus1 2
16 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

How is the culture this bad? No one seems to care and everyone is just going thru the motions. This is why it's difficult not to have an extraordinarily cynical take on Fred, especially with the news about his secret contract extension. Hard not to think he simply saw a chance for a massive payday, and is sleepwalking his way thru it until his contract is up, or until he gets fired. Either way, he gets paid.