2021-2022 Season Notes

I for one am happy kobe said something.  Maybe, in years past, something like that would be kind of looked down on...but these are different times.

Hoiberg has had some success, yes.  Clearly more than I have...but his last coaching gig and this one have the same issues.  Players feeling accountability is lacking and coaches letting guys feed their own agendas.

Fred can be a players coach, and give freedom within a system and still be a nut cracker when it's needed.  Right now, it's not that way.

I hope he takes a long look and adjusts his behind the scenes philosophies on program culture.  Every entity needs rules and accountability.   There is a huge difference between freedom within a system and unlimited freedom.  Checks and balances or it all crumbles to the ground.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Unhappy player, one who would rather rip the team down instead going through channels.  That is an issue 

I dunno, I kind of see your point.  But this has been a sinking ship the whole year, people are wondering why.  I don't think we need to wonder now.

Plus, I don't think Webster is an unhappy player and I don't think he ripped the team.  He didn't drag any particular player through the mud.  I don't think there was any ill intent.  

Personally, I think Webster is a class act.  He Maybe shared too much,  but I think it'll end up being for the best if Fred learns from this.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Cobra Kai said:

I dunno, I kind of see your point.  But this has been a sinking ship the whole year, people are wondering why.  I don't think we need to wonder now.

Plus, I don't think Webster is an unhappy player and I don't think he ripped the team.  He didn't drag any particular player through the mud.  I don't think there was any ill intent.  

Personally, I think Webster is a class act.  He Maybe shared too much,  but I think it'll end up being for the best if Fred learns from this.

Kobe knows with Trey back he will lose playing time. Webster had a strong finish last year & came back thinking he would be a starter.  What he did was wrong & disrespectful to the team.  That is the most idiotic thing I've heard, if Fred learns.  Fred is the boss and will do what he wants to do.  Kobe was probably asked if he wanted to play or move on.

4 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Kobe knows with Trey back he will lose playing time. Webster had a strong finish last year & came back thinking he would be a starter.  What he did was wrong & disrespectful to the team.  That is the most idiotic thing I've heard, if Fred learns.  Fred is the boss and will do what he wants to do.  Kobe was probably asked if he wanted to play or move on.

Websters minutes will not go down, it'll be tominaga who loses time.  Webster has to play when verge has an "episode".

Fred is letting the inmates run the asylum.  Clearly that has caused friction throughout the team.  If this doesn't get discussed, there could be no change.   Now that it's out there, we have a chance to grow from this.  

Both coach and player stated they had good heart to heart talks and it was very productive.   Fred continues to say Webster is a good leader, despite what you say.  

Thank you kobe Webster for speaking out and sticking up for your teammates that give a sh!@.  That is what leaders do. 

BTW, we have seen what happens when Fred does what he wants to do.  It's a bunch of sorry, selfish basketball...and Webster (and probably plenty more) are tired of it.

I didn't call you an idiot, I don't see why you feel the need to do that to me...that's fine though.  You talk of disrespect and then act like a keyboard warrior...

Mark my words...this season turns around IF and only if, Fred changes what he does behind the curtain.   This circus continues if he doesn't. 

10 minutes ago, Cobra Kai said:

Websters minutes will not go down, it'll be tominaga who loses time.  Webster has to play when verge has an "episode".

Fred is letting the inmates run the asylum.  Clearly that has caused friction throughout the team.  If this doesn't get discussed, there could be no change.   Now that it's out there, we have a chance to grow from this.  

Both coach and player stated they had good heart to heart talks and it was very productive.   Fred continues to say Webster is a good leader, despite what you say.  

Thank you kobe Webster for speaking out and sticking up for your teammates that give a sh!@.  That is what leaders do. 

BTW, we have seen what happens when Fred does what he wants to do.  It's a bunch of sorry, selfish basketball...and Webster (and probably plenty more) are tired of it.

I didn't call you an idiot, I don't see why you feel the need to do that to me...that's fine though.  You talk of disrespect and then act like a keyboard warrior...

Mark my words...this season turns around IF and only if, Fred changes what he does behind the curtain.   This circus continues if he doesn't. 

Talk behind your boss' back and see how it goes.   I respect your opinion, but there is not a lot of common sense in a bench player getting the coach to change what he is doing.   In my opinion, he is lucky he is still on the team.

24 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Talk behind your boss' back and see how it goes.   I respect your opinion, but there is not a lot of common sense in a bench player getting the coach to change what he is doing.   In my opinion, he is lucky he is still on the team.

Kobe Webster is like #35 in the nation in career points for active players...he's played in nearly 130 games.  Starting something like 90 games in his career.  He's played a lot of basketball.  He was a star and came here, knowing it would be a diminished role and he has been nothing but a team player and a bright spot for this crap team.  To call him a bench player is very short-sided.  He is the most experienced player on this team...his value isn't just about if he starts or not.  

I personally don't see what he did as talking behind Fred's back.  It was live, on air...that's a face shot, to me.  It's not about xs and os..it seems to be about how players are held accountable by coaches,  which is lacking and it always seemed that way...now we all know it really is that way.   Kudos to the whistle-blower!

Hoiberg respects that kid and the team does too.  I'd take 15 Websters instead of some of the crap we throw out there.

We can stay on opposite ends of this argument, we'll both survive.  I think this is a good thing,  you don't.  We will move on.

12 hours ago, Cobra Kai said:

Kobe Webster is like #35 in the nation in career points for active players...he's played in nearly 130 games.  Starting something like 90 games in his career.  He's played a lot of basketball.  He was a star and came here, knowing it would be a diminished role and he has been nothing but a team player and a bright spot for this crap team.  To call him a bench player is very short-sided.  He is the most experienced player on this team...his value isn't just about if he starts or not.  

I personally don't see what he did as talking behind Fred's back.  It was live, on air...that's a face shot, to me.  It's not about xs and os..it seems to be about how players are held accountable by coaches,  which is lacking and it always seemed that way...now we all know it really is that way.   Kudos to the whistle-blower!

Hoiberg respects that kid and the team does too.  I'd take 15 Websters instead of some of the crap we throw out there.

We can stay on opposite ends of this argument, we'll both survive.  I think this is a good thing,  you don't.  We will move on.

NM, You don't get it.  

42 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

NM, You don't get it.  

Honestly, I can see it going either way.  It will depend on how many players agree with Kobe and who needs to be held accountable.  In the interview, he said he'd had the conversation with Hoiberg previously.  That tells me that he had talked to the coaches and nothing had changed.

I thought it was interesting that he mentioned one small thing that would show that players care would be to keep their lockers organized. 

• Plus1 1