2021-2022 Season Notes

I really haven't been following the basketball team except to seeing the scores:facepalm:    What the heck is going on?   Like Frost, Hoiberg was considered a great hire but has perhaps performed worse than Frost has - and that is saying a lot.   Hoiberg's buyout is HUGE and it almost seems impossible to consider a buyout in the midst of the unknown outcome of the Frost situation.  But, I don't remember Nebraska basketball ever being this bad.

What is the solution?  Let Hoiberg turn the roster one more time to see if he can strike gold or bite the bullet and let him go??

https://huskerextra.com/news/basketball/mens-basketball/chatelain-huskers-many-losses-arent-the-biggest-problem-its-how-they-lose/article_aa257b84-1375-5a92-a0b7-171a4abe4c85.html?utm_source=onesignal&utm_medium=push&utm_campaign=2022-01-28-Husker-Basketba

2 hours ago, TGHusker said:

I really haven't been following the basketball team except to seeing the scores:facepalm:    What the heck is going on?   Like Frost, Hoiberg was considered a great hire but has perhaps performed worse than Frost has - and that is saying a lot.   Hoiberg's buyout is HUGE and it almost seems impossible to consider a buyout in the midst of the unknown outcome of the Frost situation.  But, I don't remember Nebraska basketball ever being this bad.

What is the solution?  Let Hoiberg turn the roster one more time to see if he can strike gold or bite the bullet and let him go??

https://huskerextra.com/news/basketball/mens-basketball/chatelain-huskers-many-losses-arent-the-biggest-problem-its-how-they-lose/article_aa257b84-1375-5a92-a0b7-171a4abe4c85.html?utm_source=onesignal&utm_medium=push&utm_campaign=2022-01-28-Husker-Basketba

The number one solution is STOP PLAYING VERGE.  If Hoiberg insists on playing him, the first time he plays outside the offense, he comes out until halftime.  Repeat in the second half.  I see Verge as a flashy version of Teddy Allen.  The ball stops moving as soon has he touches it and everyone stands around and watches him.  They looked much better as a team once Allen left.  The outcomes were not drastically different, but at least they looked like a team.

There are a couple of players that deserve a little longer leash, but not much.  There are way too many players who are unwilling to accept their role.

If it means walk-ons playing in the first half and being down by 25 at the half, so be it.  At least they will play hard and within the scope of the offense.

• Plus1 2

After a great game against Mich, the Huskers moved up on Kenpom.

Rankings
1. Gonzaga
2. Arizona
3. Baylor
7. Purdue
16. Illinois
17. Michigan State
21. Ohio State
22. Iowa
24. Indiana
29. Wisconsin
41. Michigan
74. Northwestern
82. Penn State
90. Maryland
95. Minnesota
104. Rutgers
169. Nebraska

Michigan dropped 9 spots.  Huskers jumped up from 183 :)

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1