QB Daniel Kaelin

HuskerBoard Predictor  

28 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Kaelin commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm assuming that the Raiola decision is a big factor in if he's really interested in us.  Hope we are recruiting him strong enough that he knows he's really wanted, if DR doesn't commit to us.

Sounds like we are recruiting him and he knows he's not #1 on our board.

Whether or not he's OK with that is a completely different question.

I get the feeling he's looking at other places where he feels like more of a priority.

• Plus1 1

Just now, Mavric said:

Sounds like we are recruiting him and he knows he's not #1 on our board.

Whether or not he's OK with that is a completely different question.

I get the feeling he's looking at other places where he feels like more of a priority.

And, that's completely understandable form his point of view.  It's really a tricky recruiting task to still convince him we really want him here.

But....he also has to understand that he's going against the #1 recruit in the country.

1 minute ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Can't see him staying if we get Raiola, especially if he wants to play qb.

Oh definitely, if we get Raiola, he's going somewhere else.  I think it's telling that Raiola is scheduled to announce at the end of march and he wants to make a decision in spring or early summer.

My point is about if Raiola DOESN'T commit to us, I hope we have done enough to keep here.

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

But....he also has to understand that he's going against the #1 recruit in the country.

Yeah, you'd like to think that would be at least somewhat understandable.  But, like you said, I can't really fault him either if other schools are making him feel like he's #1 to them.

• Plus1 1

13 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Oh definitely, if we get Raiola, he's going somewhere else.  I think it's telling that Raiola is scheduled to announce at the end of march and he wants to make a decision in spring or early summer.

My point is about if Raiola DOESN'T commit to us, I hope we have done enough to keep here.

The only "commit" that matters is the signed dotted line which can't happen until December 2023 at the earliest.

On 2/20/2023 at 11:45 AM, Mavric said:

Yeah, you'd like to think that would be at least somewhat understandable.  But, like you said, I can't really fault him either if other schools are making him feel like he's #1 to them.

I haven’t seen any other QBs we are recruiting in 2024 so we must feel pretty good about Dylan? 

4 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I haven’t seen any other QBs we are recruiting in 2024 so we must feel pretty good about Dylan? 

That would be nice. 

Perhaps we're just going to go one route until we can't.

We're also not exactly hurting for QBs on the roster.  For sure until we see how spring shakes out.

• Plus1 1
On 2/21/2023 at 5:35 AM, BigRedBuster said:

LOL….yeah sure. 

So, your opinion is that where Raiola says he’s going to isn’t going to have any affect on where this QB says he’s going.  

mmmm….k

I'm saying if Raiola verbals somewhere other than Nebraska in March, Rhule will keep recruiting him and there'd be no question about an availability for him.

54 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Your literally typed that your point was if Raiola doesn't commit to us.  You have doesn't in all caps.

And the point is, especially at QB, players go places depending on what other players commit to certain schools.  That's common knowledge.  Manytimes programs take one QB.  So, if Dyllan commits to us, that very well could affect where this player goes.  That's my point.  You then come in with a strange angle from that that I'm still trying to figure out.

Does Raiola start immediately? Does he stay 4 years? Is Kaelin going to break into a starter role elsewhere before his first 2-3 seasons? Perhaps some angles NU could pitch if Raiola commits to NU and Kaelin is still interested, be a backup and then have 1-2 years to start. Regardless of where Kaelin ends up every schools job is to recruit above current talent on the roster.

• Oh Yeah! 1
19 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

Does Raiola start immediately? Does he stay 4 years? Is Kaelin going to break into a starter role elsewhere before his first 2-3 seasons? Perhaps some angles NU could pitch if Raiola commits to NU and Kaelin is still interested, be a backup and then have 1-2 years to start. Regardless of where Kaelin ends up every schools job is to recruit above current talent on the roster.

No elite level kid is picking the same school as another elite kid.  Especially now that’s it’s so easy to transfer.

Im sorry, but I’ve seen more plausible storylines on the bachelor.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
  • Mavric changed the title to QB Daniel Kaelin
  • Mavric pinned this topic