QB Daniel Kaelin

HuskerBoard Predictor  

28 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Kaelin commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

4 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

No elite level kid is picking the same school as another elite kid.  Especially now that’s it’s so easy to transfer.

Im sorry, but I’ve seen more plausible storylines on the bachelor.

Wait…..you watch the bachelor?

Also, there are power programs that sing two top guys. It’s not that uncommon.  

3 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

It’s irrelevant.  You could stand at the urinal and try to figure out who’s is bigger or realize it doesn’t matter.

The kid is going to have 20+ power 5 offers.  He’s not going to a place that takes two QBs.  He doesn’t need to.

Pretty sure I covered this in my original comment - he’s gonna have coaches recruiting above him every year, that’s their job. You’re probably right and I really don’t care, but there are other aspects you don’t consider, like what NIL can bring to a local 3* kid vs a 3* from take your pick city. 

Plus, this gives off glory hole vibes…as they say, to each their own. 

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

If you say something different than the false statement you made, yes, it would be closer to being true.

Fair Enough.....

Per 24/7 Kaelin is #26.  Let's go back 5 years.

How many QB's in the top 26 signed with a school that had a another commit in that same top 26 (I went ahead and did 30).

2023 - Alabama (#12 Eli Holstein & #16 Dylan Lonergan)

2022 - None

2021 - Ohio State (#1 Quinn Ewers & #8 Kyle Mccord)  Ewers Transferred to Texas

2020 - 

Ohio State (#3 CJ Stroud & *#27 Jack Miller) Miller Transferred to Florida

Texas (#5 Ja'Quinden Jackson & #6 Hudson Card)  Jackson Transferred to Utah & Card Transferred to Purdue

FSU (#15 Chubba Purdy & *29 Tate Rodemaker)  We know Purdy's Story.  

Oregon(#16 Jay Butterfield & #25 Robby Ashford) Butterfield Transferred to San Jose & Ashford to Auburn

2018 (2019 wouldn't work?)  -  

Stanford (#4 Tanner McKee & *#29 Jack West)

Washington (#13 Colson Yankoff & #15 Jacob Sirmon) Yankoff Transferred to UCLA & Sirmon Transferred to Northern Colorado

We have 129 FBS teams.  Over 5 years that's 645 teams or opportunities to sign a QB.  Even when I expanded it to top 30 we are looking at 8 teams/instances that took 2.  8/645 is 1.2%.  Furthermore, only one team kept both QB's through their career.

Over 5 years, 1.2% sign two top 30 QBs.  1.2% is pretty low.  I rarely use absolutes, but you got me on that one.

Semi related article.  Could be used to argue both sides if I'm being honest:

Transfer Takeover: Nearly half of college football's QBs are transfers (247sports.com)

Edit:  There is another way to look at this.  Over the course of 5 years there are 150 top 30 QB's.  In our 8 instances that means there are 8 QB's that picked a team that signed a QB rated higher than them.  That would bump it up to 8/150 or 5.3%.  Which is still pretty low.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

Kid is from Bellevue. 

Sarpy County. 

Like, let him explore all of his options out there :)  I know I would.

At the end of the signing day, maybe home is where the heart is?   Or maybe he wants to see and do and play and live a life outside of Lancaster County.  

Whatever he decides, pulling for the kid.

• Plus1 1

13 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Fair Enough.....

Per 24/7 Kaelin is #26.  Let's go back 5 years.

How many QB's in the top 26 signed with a school that had a another commit in that same top 26 (I went ahead and did 30).

2023 - Alabama (#12 Eli Holstein & #16 Dylan Lonergan)

2022 - None

2021 - Ohio State (#1 Quinn Ewers & #8 Kyle Mccord)  Ewers Transferred to Texas

2020 - 

Ohio State (#3 CJ Stroud & *#27 Jack Miller) Miller Transferred to Florida

Texas (#5 Ja'Quinden Jackson & #6 Hudson Card)  Jackson Transferred to Utah & Card Transferred to Purdue

FSU (#15 Chubba Purdy & *29 Tate Rodemaker)  We know Purdy's Story.  

Oregon(#16 Jay Butterfield & #25 Robby Ashford) Butterfield Transferred to San Jose & Ashford to Auburn

2018 (2019 wouldn't work?)  -  

Stanford (#4 Tanner McKee & *#29 Jack West)

Washington (#13 Colson Yankoff & #15 Jacob Sirmon) Yankoff Transferred to UCLA & Sirmon Transferred to Northern Colorado

We have 129 FBS teams.  Over 5 years that's 645 teams or opportunities to sign a QB.  Even when I expanded it to top 30 we are looking at 8 teams/instances that took 2.  8/645 is 1.2%.  Furthermore, only one team kept both QB's through their career.

Over 5 years, 1.2% sign two top 30 QBs.  1.2% is pretty low.  I rarely use absolutes, but you got me on that one.

Semi related article.  Could be used to argue both sides if I'm being honest:

Transfer Takeover: Nearly half of college football's QBs are transfers (247sports.com)

Edit:  There is another way to look at this.  Over the course of 5 years there are 150 top 30 QB's.  In our 8 instances that means there are 8 QB's that picked a team that signed a QB rated higher than them.  That would bump it up to 8/150 or 5.3%.  Which is still pretty low.

Appreciate the research.  But that's not the right comparison.  The vast majority of QB's don't commit to a school that is taking two QBs - regardless of where they're ranked - because most schools only take one QB per class.  The comparison you'd have to do to show your point is the percentage you showed above compared to the percentage of all other QBs that are part of a two-QB class.

And even then it's going to be hard to filter for things like the second QB was a local kid that they took a flyer on, etc.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

This kid wants to be a Husker.  If not, he would have picked his next home by now. 

Eh ... I don't get that impression.  I mean ... he might want that.  But I get the feeling he feels like he's second fiddle here so he's looking to go elsewhere.

• Plus1 2
  • Mavric changed the title to QB Daniel Kaelin
  • Mavric pinned this topic