QB Daniel Kaelin

HuskerBoard Predictor  

28 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Kaelin commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

13 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Eh ... I don't get that impression.  I mean ... he might want that.  But I get the feeling he feels like he's second fiddle here so he's looking to go elsewhere.

Yes, he is looking to see what else is available and he is gone if Raiola signs with the huskers.  I still think he would have been gone by now if he did not want to be here.

On 2/23/2023 at 6:23 PM, admo said:

Kid is from Bellevue. 

Sarpy County. 

Like, let him explore all of his options out there :)  I know I would.

At the end of the signing day, maybe home is where the heart is?   Or maybe he wants to see and do and play and live a life outside of Lancaster County.  

Whatever he decides, pulling for the kid.

As a Bellevue kid, and my daughters as Bellevue kids (one in Danny's class) I 100% support them getting out, and wish I would have.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

Player: Daniel Kaelin

Hometown: Bellevue, Nebraska

School: Bellevue West

Position: Quarterback

Height: 6-2

Weight: 190

Power 5 Offers: Florida State, Nebraska

Visits: 6/18/21 - Friday Night Lights; 9/17/22 vs Oklahoma; 10/1/22 vs Indiana; 12/4/22 - Junior Day

Twitter

247 Composite: #521 Overall; #32 QB; .8836; :ThreeStar:

On3 Composite: #482 Overall; #27 QB; 88.47; :ThreeStar:

Rivals: #27 ProQB; :ThreeStar:
247: #24 QB; :ThreeStar:

On3: #42 QB; :ThreeStar:
ESPN: #22 QB; :ThreeStar:

Hudl

Even when announces he's going elsewhere today, it is still incredibly early in this cycle and things can change.  Fact of the matter is, there's so much broken with this program that even a raiola caliber guy wouldn't change things on his own... would he speed up the rebuild? sure... but we need to rebuild the lines and overall system to consistently get back to where we should be.  If we see a clear improvement in trajectory this fall and raiola goes elsewhere, there is still a chance we can flip this kid to stay home. Particularly if mizzou is the pick, they're about to become even more irrelevant a year from now in the SEC.

It sucks seeing a homegrown guy with potential go elsewhere but thats simply the risk u run when trying to get a guy like raiola. 

• Mavric changed the title to QB Daniel Kaelin [Missouri Commit]

We have to put all of our eggs in the Raiola basket.  You can't go half in on a recruit like him and expect to land him.  If we don't land Raiola, then maybe there is a scenario we could get back into the picture with Daniel.  

Mizzou is 17-19 in 4 seasons with Drink. If he has another below .500 season he could be on the hot seat this year. A huge gripe among Mizzou fans is that he has never had, or developed a QB. Looks like they could struggle at that position again this year, and in the SEC that could be trouble.   They hired Kellen Moore's brother as the OC to call the plays and took that off Drink's plate. But hiring an OC to call plays for an offensive head coach usually is a sign of a make or break year for a coach.  

• Mavric changed the title to QB Daniel Kaelin
  • Mavric pinned this topic