QB Daniel Kaelin

HuskerBoard Predictor  

28 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Kaelin commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, swmohusker said:

Kid has a great offer list and is local and some are disappointed with the news he could be a commit soon. Odd. Lincoln Riley had him Out for a visit and he is a decent QB evaluator. 

Based on watching him play, he was not impressive and was often made to look good by throwing to one of the many D1-caliber talents around him. If he wasn't a local kid, most fans would not be thrilled by us chasing after him at this stage. 

Don't get too wrapped up in the visits aspect, especially since no offer followed on many of those trips. Most programs are probably waiting to see if he can improve as not even local programs Iowa or Iowa State have offered and they're both frequent Bellevue West visitors.

• Haha 2
  • Fire 2
1 hour ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Based on watching him play, he was not impressive and was often made to look good by throwing to one of the many D1-caliber talents around him. If he wasn't a local kid, most fans would not be thrilled by us chasing after him at this stage. 

Don't get too wrapped up in the visits aspect, especially since no offer followed on many of those trips. Most programs are probably waiting to see if he can improve as not even local programs Iowa or Iowa State have offered and they're both frequent Bellevue West visitors.

He does have 13 power 5 offers so the coaches watching film must have a different take than you.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1

9 hours ago, caveman99 said:

He does have 13 power 5 offers so the coaches watching film must have a different take than you.

Yes, and that is great for the young man. I simply believe there are better options out there for us right now as Kaelin benefitted heavily from high quality talents around him. He alone was not impressive in the handful of games I watched. Hopefully the offseason and summer will allow him to improve a lot. 

• Haha 2
10 hours ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

And Dylan or any other 4 or 5 star qb isn't also surrounded by many D1 caliber talent? Personally I'm hopeful Kaelin commits because he's local, because he has a strong arm and because he is incredibly intelligent (according to most media members that know him)

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
5 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

And Dylan or any other 4 or 5 star qb isn't also surrounded by many D1 caliber talent? Personally I'm hopeful Kaelin commits because he's local, because he has a strong arm and because he is incredibly intelligent (according to most media members that know him)

If he wasn't a local product, would you still be as gung ho on adding him? 

Regarding the first part, yes Dylan and many other QBs have talent around them. However, many of the high caliber QBs raise the level of play for their teammates. Kaelin was often slow to make decisions and underthrew McMorris & Hall quite a bit. Therefore, Kaelin is a project QB at this stage with limited athleticism and I would prefer if the staff would pursue a more viable option.

• Haha 2
47 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

If he wasn't a local product, would you still be as gung ho on adding him? 

Regarding the first part, yes Dylan and many other QBs have talent around them. However, many of the high caliber QBs raise the level of play for their teammates. Kaelin was often slow to make decisions and underthrew McMorris & Hall quite a bit. Therefore, Kaelin is a project QB at this stage with limited athleticism and I would prefer if the staff would pursue a more viable option.

Name more viable options that automatically are going to put Nebraska on their wish list of programs to play for?  The majority of qb's that Nebraska is going to attract are the three-star kids that have to be developed.  No high profile qb rn is going to consider Nebraska until we get back to a state of winning.   

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

58 minutes ago, THROW_DEM_BONES said:

Who is a better QB that we'd actually have a chance with? There are very few good uncommitted QBs left in the class, and Kaelin is one of them.

58 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Name more viable options that automatically are going to put Nebraska on their wish list of programs to play for?  The majority of qb's that Nebraska is going to attract are the three-star kids that have to be developed.  No high profile qb rn is going to consider Nebraska until we get back to a state of winning.   

There are plenty of recruits out there, especially as the year goes on and coaches hit the hot seat. Not to mention transfers which fall in bunches anymore. 

Adding a QB just to check a box or out of desperation hasn't worked very well for us and this seems to be more hope than substance. Hopefully the kid proves me wrong. 

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

There are plenty of recruits out there, especially as the year goes on and coaches hit the hot seat. Not to mention transfers which fall in bunches anymore. 

Adding a QB just to check a box or out of desperation hasn't worked very well for us and this seems to be more hope than substance. Hopefully the kid proves me wrong. 

I have seen that some think Kaelin is a reach, but if he is able to help deliver the stud WR's out of Bellevue West, then it's worth taking a chance on him.

• Plus1 3
  • Mavric changed the title to QB Daniel Kaelin
  • Mavric pinned this topic