QB Daniel Kaelin

HuskerBoard Predictor  

28 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Kaelin commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

34 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

I hope so. I must mention that highlight tapes are supposed to show the good plays and generally leave out the bad stuff. I was simply not impressed enough to think he was worthy of a scholarship at this stage. The fact that he also split time at QB as a Junior, as @sho mentioned, isn’t encouraging after they went 7-4 despite having some very talented players. 

Obviously the coaches thought differently so hopefully they can coach him up. 

Yeah I didn’t see any live games so I can only go off his tape, but fair enough. Fwiw I’d sell my left nut for 7-4 right now, not really….but…maybe

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1

2 hours ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

I hope so. I must mention that highlight tapes are supposed to show the good plays and generally leave out the bad stuff. I was simply not impressed enough to think he was worthy of a scholarship at this stage. The fact that he also split time at QB as a Junior, as @sho mentioned, isn’t encouraging after they went 7-4 despite having some very talented players. 

Obviously the coaches thought differently so hopefully they can coach him up. 

From I remember, Bellevue West had a terrible defense last year. Kaelin was a big reason BW’s offense was one of the best in Nebraska last year. Yes, he has great talent with him at the skill positions, but I don’t think you should hold the 7-4 record against Kaelin. Plus, all of their losses were against other great teams in Nebraska.

Coaches do use high school film to judge players, but they mainly use in person evaluations to give offers. The coaches must have seen something they like in Kaelin to give him an offer.

• Fire 1
2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

From I remember, Bellevue West had a terrible defense last year. Kaelin was a big reason BW’s offense was one of the best in Nebraska last year. Yes, he has great talent with him at the skill positions, but I don’t think you should hold the 7-4 record against Kaelin. Plus, all of their losses were against other great teams in Nebraska.

Coaches do use high school film to judge players, but they mainly use in person evaluations to give offers. The coaches must have seen something they like in Kaelin to give him an offer.

Terrible is probably a stretch, but they are average at best.   If coach Huff put half as much emphasis on defense as he does his offense, they would have 2-3 more titles.    And their schedule last year did them no favors.   I think out of their 11 games, 9 were against the other teams in the top 10 in Class A.   There was no easy weeks, and the team was worn out, especially with their average defense, and were forced to be perfect on offense to even have a chance.

• Plus1 1
12 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

This is a good point; Class A has been really tough in Omaha the past couple of years, great teams and some of the best individual talent the Metro has had in years. Plus, he threw for 3000 yards and 30+ TDs against that competition in his first year starting. 

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

Hail Varsity Radio had an interview with Mike Huffman today. Sounds like Rhule was upfront with Kaelin, and said they were prioritizing Raiola, but wanted Kaelin if Dylan chose elsewhere. As soon as Dylan committed to UGa, the coaching staff went right after Kaelin. Contacted him on Monday and met with him where they saw him throw on Wednesday.  He impressed the coaches during that session. Kaelin had wanted to be a Husker since the 8th grade. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
11 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Hail Varsity Radio had an interview with Mike Huffman today. Sounds like Rhule was upfront with Kaelin, and said they were prioritizing Raiola, but wanted Kaelin if Dylan chose elsewhere. As soon as Dylan committed to UGa, the coaching staff went right after Kaelin. Contacted him on Monday and met with him where they saw him throw on Wednesday.  He impressed the coaches during that session. Kaelin had wanted to be a Husker since the 8th grade. 

I get that he wanted to be a Husker since 8th grade but do you think he was upfront with Missouri like I'm going to commit to my dream school if I can so he doesn't put them in a bind themselves for a qb?  

• Haha 4
34 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I get that he wanted to be a Husker since 8th grade but do you think he was upfront with Missouri like I'm going to commit to my dream school if I can so he doesn't put them in a bind themselves for a qb?  

Maybe Kaelin didn’t have a committable offer from NU until last week. Huffman also said that Kaelin reached out to the Missouri head coach right away on Thursday, to tell them directly that he was de-committing from Mizzou.  That’s all that Kaelin can do in this situation   It’s the way things go in recruiting. I really don’t care about Mizzou. 

• Plus1 3

11 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Props to Kaelin for being mature about the process too. 

• Plus1 4
11 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

That is very well done by our staff.  Upfront and honest.  Keep the relationship in case you don't get your #1.

• Plus1 3
8 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Props to Kaelin for being mature about the process too. 

That's a great point.  He could have been pissed off about having to wait for an offer from NU, but he did a good job of understanding the process.  He used the process to his advantage to commit to Missouri, so he at least had a spot at a school as he finished his junior year of high school.  He didn't burn bridges at NU, was mature and respectful during the whole process, and Kaelin ended up getting the offer from NU he wanted.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to QB Daniel Kaelin