QB Daniel Kaelin

HuskerBoard Predictor  

28 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Kaelin commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• 3 weeks later...

Nebraska QB ‘really impressed’ Streeter with strong Swinney Camp showing | The Clemson Insider

“He said he was definitely really impressed with the way I threw,” Kaelin said. “His bottom line was basically that I definitely moved up a lot on their board from where I was after he got to see me throw.

Kaelin named Rutgers, Minnesota, Michigan State, Vanderbilt, Missouri and Duke as the schools standing out most to him right now, as far as the ones he’s been communicating with the most.

So are we just no longer going after him? We struck out with Raiola, we aren't even keeping him in the loop?

46 minutes ago, AlaSker said:

Nebraska QB ‘really impressed’ Streeter with strong Swinney Camp showing | The Clemson Insider

So are we just no longer going after him? We struck out with Raiola, we aren't even keeping him in the loop?

The Athletic had an article about in state QBs in May and it had already been a few months since he'd heard from us. Dunno what the deal is, but yeah sure seems like he's just not on our board. Maybe he's not enough of a jerk for Whipple, who knows.

Plenty of fans aren't going to like it, but QB is the one position where I don't think you can take an in state kid just because he's decent - you have to get your guy. That would just be easier to stomach if there was a clear guy for 2024 over Kaelin (do we even have any other QB offers out), and if the recruiting rankings agreed with Whipple on Watson over Flores in 2023. I expect Watson to get a bump, but we might be takng lower rated out of state QBs 2 years in a row without even trying for the in state kid. Time will tell whether those were the right calls I guess.

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

The Athletic had an article about in state QBs in May and it had already been a few months since he'd heard from us. Dunno what the deal is, but yeah sure seems like he's just not on our board. Maybe he's not enough of a jerk for Whipple, who knows.

Plenty of fans aren't going to like it, but QB is the one position where I don't think you can take an in state kid just because he's decent - you have to get your guy. That would just be easier to stomach if there was a clear guy for 2024 over Kaelin (do we even have any other QB offers out), and if the recruiting rankings agreed with Whipple on Watson over Flores in 2023. I expect Watson to get a bump, but we might be takng lower rated out of state QBs 2 years in a row without even trying for the in state kid. Time will tell whether those were the right calls I guess.

Our QB room this year is 

Thompson Jr

Purdy RS Fr

Smothers Soph

Haarberg RS Fr

Torres Tr Fr

Next year without attrition you have. Now if 1 leaves say Smothers for Example because he wants to play you still have 5 scholarship QBs. 

Thompson Sr

Purdy Soph

Smothers Jr

Haarberg Soph

Torres RS Fr

Watson Tr Fr

Now when this young man would get to campus we would have

Purdy Jr

Smothers Sr

Haarberg Jr

Torres Soph

Watson RS Fr. 

We have plenty of time to find a QB to put in the 2024 class or find a transfer like Purdy who would be a RS Fr when he first arrived. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

• 2 weeks later...

We have since Callahan seen our coaches ignore Nebraska kids and take lower rated out of state kids from California, Florida or Texas who last a year or two and transfer out. And it's not that they ever explain themselves, they just ignore Nebraska kids by not making contact. Harrison Phillips and Noah Fant come to mind. 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1
9 hours ago, TonyStalloni said:

We have since Callahan seen our coaches ignore Nebraska kids and take lower rated out of state kids from California, Florida or Texas who last a year or two and transfer out.

Um ... no.

9 hours ago, TonyStalloni said:

And it's not that they ever explain themselves, they just ignore Nebraska kids by not making contact. Harrison Phillips and Noah Fant come to mind. 

Still no.

• Plus1 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/27/2022 at 8:34 AM, Mavric said:

Um ... no.

Still no.

I agree, you're off with Harrison Phillips and Noah Fant. Phillips wanted to go Stanford for the collegiate degree it offered. Fant didn't like Husker coaching staff. 

Now if you threw out Drew Ott and Nathan Bazata you might be right. Nothing but preferred walk-ons for Nebraska ended up being stars for Iowa. Nothing was worse than watching Bazata throw the bones in Memorial Stadium against the Huskers. 

• Mavric changed the title to QB Daniel Kaelin
  • Mavric pinned this topic