QB Daniel Kaelin

HuskerBoard Predictor  

28 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Kaelin commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Born N Bled Red said:

I agree, you're off with Harrison Phillips and Noah Fant. Phillips wanted to go Stanford for the collegiate degree it offered. Fant didn't like Husker coaching staff. 

Now if you threw out Drew Ott and Nathan Bazata you might be right. Nothing but preferred walk-ons for Nebraska ended up being stars for Iowa. Nothing was worse than watching Bazata throw the bones in Memorial Stadium against the Huskers. 

Well i can't remember their names but the twin brothers that played at Omaha Central and went on to Iowa where they had pretty good careers. Can't think of their names but i believe they both played defense for Iowa but i could be wrong on position they played.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Well i can't remember their names but the twin brothers that played at Omaha Central and went on to Iowa where they had pretty good careers. Can't think of their names but i believe they both played defense for Iowa but i could be wrong on position they played.

Prater twins. 

But let's make sure we stay on topic with Kaelin here. Seems like a promising QB, but I can't help but wonder how good he would be without the talent around him he enjoys at Bellevue West. This year may be a good test for him so hopefully he performs well.

• Plus1 1
43 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Prater twins. 

But let's make sure we stay on topic with Kaelin here. Seems like a promising QB, but I can't help but wonder how good he would be without the talent around him he enjoys at Bellevue West. This year may be a good test for him so hopefully he performs well.

He might perform well just wont be offered by Nebraska that's what people are talking about

3 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

He already was offered by Nebraska. It may not be a committable offer at this stage however. 

Big year for him to show he deserves the attention he is getting from other programs. 

Yeah but people want a home grown kid to be successful for Nebraska not any where else. I mean can you only imagine in Gale Sayers played for Nebraska and not Kansas. I mean your still going to cheer any home grown kids on but if they are facing your so called team and beating them your not cheering them on. It be like Nebraska vs KSU in a bowl game your not rooting for AM to beat us no matter how much you support him.

21 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Yeah but people want a home grown kid to be successful for Nebraska not any where else. I mean can you only imagine in Gale Sayers played for Nebraska and not Kansas. I mean your still going to cheer any home grown kids on but if they are facing your so called team and beating them your not cheering them on. It be like Nebraska vs KSU in a bowl game your not rooting for AM to beat us no matter how much you support him.

You can still support and hope for individual success for kids away from Nebraska. Sure, it would be great if we kept the best players here and they starred for us. However, should it not be the right fit or they would not be happy here (playing time, pressure, etc.), it is best to move onto other options. 

In Kaelin, he's benefitted by having several high level older prospects as teammates where he wasn't necessarily relied upon to have outstanding performances to win games. Now that he is becoming an older prospect and leader, it is a big year for him to show that he can be the kind of leader that big programs want to be their QB1. Should he do so, his offers will likely grow and develop into being fully committable. 

In watching him play tonight, it is very obvious why Nebraska is not heavily pursuing him as QB1. A handful of good throws, but many more underthrown and some poor decision making as well. If he didn't have other college prospects as offensive skill players, he would look more like a FCS or Division 2 player. Plenty of time to improve, but not a start that would indicate the Nebraska staff is whiffing on this player right now.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

In watching him play tonight, it is very obvious why Nebraska is not heavily pursuing him as QB1. A handful of good throws, but many more underthrown and some poor decision making as well. If he didn't have other college prospects as offensive skill players, he would look more like a FCS or Division 2 player. Plenty of time to improve, but not a start that would indicate the Nebraska staff is whiffing on this player right now.

I mean ... stats don't tell you everything.  But 23/31 for 268 and 4 TDs in your first start against a Top 10 opponent is a bit early to be writing him off like that, imo.

8 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I mean ... stats don't tell you everything.  But 23/31 for 268 and 4 TDs in your first start against a Top 10 opponent is a bit early to be writing him off like that, imo.

True. However, in watching him play, it was clear that his receivers bailed him out several times as he under threw them often and he lacked mobility when he didn’t have a pocket for long. In looking at the style of QB Nebraska has been recruiting, it is understandable why he hasn’t been a top priority. 

Maybe future games will change that narrative, but so far I’m glad the staff is searching elsewhere. 

• 4 weeks later...

• Mavric changed the title to QB Daniel Kaelin
  • Mavric pinned this topic