Jump to content


Thunderin' Bolts at the Fayetteville Regional


Recommended Posts

Friday, June 4 (7 PM)
Pitching: TBA vs. TBA
TV: None
Streaming: ESPN3
Radio: Husker Sports Network

 

Nebraska's first game is against Northeastern, the Colonial Athletic Association (CAA) Champions, Friday at 7pm.

 

Northeastern is 36-10, their best hitter is Jared Dupere who's hitting .351 with 21 homers. Their best pitcher is Cam Schlittler who is 8-0 with a 1.72 ERA, 83Ks in 73.1 innings pitched and an opponent batting avg of .204.

 

Northeastern is hitting .299 (29th nationally), 48 (t-98th) HRs, 184 (t-175th) BBs, 349 Ks, .981 (9th) fielding pct.

 

Pitching wise they have a 2.99 (3rd) ERA, 130 BBs, 418 Ks, and a .220 Opponent BA

 

Nebraska is hitting .276 (t-99th), 52 (t-79th) HRs, 209 (t-103rd) BBs, 387 Ks, .982 (7th) fielding pct.

 

Pitching wise we have a 3.77 (22nd) ERA, 138 BBs, 395 Ks, and a .242 Opponent BA

  • Plus1 3
Link to comment

4 hours ago, hskrfan4life said:

Nebraska's first game is against Northeastern, the Colonial Athletic Association (CAA) Champions, Friday at 7pm.

 

Northeastern is 36-10, their best hitter is Jared Dupere who's hitting .351 with 21 homers. Their best pitcher is Cam Schlittler who is 8-0 with a 1.72 ERA, 83Ks in 73.1 innings pitched and an opponent batting avg of .204.

 

Northeastern is hitting .299 (29th nationally), 48 (t-98th) HRs, 184 (t-175th) BBs, 349 Ks, .981 (9th) fielding pct.

 

Pitching wise they have a 2.99 (3rd) ERA, 130 BBs, 418 Ks, and a .220 Opponent BA

 

Nebraska is hitting .276 (t-99th), 52 (t-79th) HRs, 209 (t-103rd) BBs, 387 Ks, .982 (7th) fielding pct.

 

Pitching wise we have a 3.77 (22nd) ERA, 138 BBs, 395 Ks, and a .242 Opponent BA

 

What's the difference in the level of competition both have played against?

Link to comment
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

 

What's the difference in the level of competition both have played against?

 

Its virtually impossible to gauge, since Kevin Warren wouldnt allow any BIG teams to play out of conference. There is literally no measuring stick. 

 

Thats why the NCAA penalized NU so hard with the ridiculous seeding at Arkansas. 

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment
14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

 

What's the difference in the level of competition both have played against?

Northeastern Non-Cons

Wake Forest 1-2

Villanova (Canceled)

UMASS 5-0

Old Dominion 1-2

Albany 1-0

UMASS Lowell 2-1

Bryant 1-0

Boston College 1-0

Merrimack 1-0

 

Northeastern has a 192 SOS

Nebraska 149

 

Big Ten is 7th in ELO

Colonial is 14th in ELO

 

https://www.warrennolan.com/baseball/2021/elo-conference

  • Plus1 3
Link to comment
10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

 

What's the difference in the level of competition both have played against?

Northeastern rolled through the CAA, which consists of small D-1 schools on the East Coast.  The teams are not good.  Northeastern's non-conference schedules included series against Wake Forest (1-2) and Old Dominion (1-2), and a single game against Boston College.

 

What makes Northeastern dangerous is that they simply know how to win, and have confidence to win.  That's why it's a challenging draw.

  • Plus1 2
Link to comment

16 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

 

Its virtually impossible to gauge, since Kevin Warren wouldnt allow any BIG teams to play out of conference. There is literally no measuring stick. 

 

Thats why the NCAA penalized NU so hard with the ridiculous seeding at Arkansas. 

I understand that.  My question more was about if the Colonial conference is typically a lot stronger than Th Big Ten or not.  Sort of what @ColoradoHusk eluded to.

Link to comment
1 minute ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

N'Eastern Ace threw 144 pitches this weekend, including high leverage innings on Sunday. Not exactly an ideal turnaround to have him throw again Friday. 

Great info!  Thanks!  I also hope that Northeastern hasn't seen a power-lefty like Cade Povich.  If NU gets by Northeastern in game 1, Hroch could be an interesting matchup against Arkansas on Saturday.  When Hroch's sinker is working, he can throw up goose eggs.  Of course, if he's leaving the ball up in the zone, Arkansas hitters will likely feast on him.

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I understand that.  My question more was about if the Colonial conference is typically a lot stronger than Th Big Ten or not.  Sort of what @ColoradoHusk eluded to.

The CAA is split into North & South divisions (at least for this year), and they only played the 3 other teams in the North division during conference play.  These other teams are Towson, Hofstra, and Delaware (not exactly good teams).  In the CAA tournament, Northeastern lost to UNC-Wilmington on Saturday, and then and beat UNCW twice on Sunday to win the tournament title.  UNCW had a good season this year, and finished 32-22.  They are basically the only other competition to Northeastern in the CAA.

Link to comment

45 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Great info!  Thanks!  I also hope that Northeastern hasn't seen a power-lefty like Cade Povich.  If NU gets by Northeastern in game 1, Hroch could be an interesting matchup against Arkansas on Saturday.  When Hroch's sinker is working, he can throw up goose eggs.  Of course, if he's leaving the ball up in the zone, Arkansas hitters will likely feast on him.

More info on their Ace. Went 8 starts and 2.5 months w/o facing a team above .500 in conf or overall. This weekend he faced two teams over .500 for the first time since early March, threw 10.1 innings and allowed 5 earned - so he got touched up a little. The fact he threw 144 pitches this past weekend, is 5 days from his last start, and hasn't seen a lineup like Nebraska since ODU in early march - I'm cautiously optimistic.  

  • Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Mavric said:

Not their ace, apparently...

 

 

Keane has been very good, of late. He's their Saturday guy. Guessing they just couldn't throw their ace out there after a 144 pitch weekend, on short rest. Keane has a mid-90s fastball and been amazing when he is on, and had some rough ones when he's off. 

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...