Thunderin' Bolts at the Fayetteville Regional

6 hours ago, caveman99 said:

I imagine Arky fans were freaking out for 4+ innings today as well. Baseball requires patience to watch. Lots of people say, “have to jump on them early to steal momentum” and other analogies that work better for football and other sports. Reality is that it doesn’t work like that in baseball. 

Oh yeah, I agree 100% with you.  Yeah, it didn’t look great early, but they can be long games with ebbs and flows. But a couple posters on here seem to go up and down with every strike. The negativity gets old. 

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Any chance it will be Arkansas -2.5 runs today?

I mean definitely a chance. They're gonna throw their Ace, 2nd Team all-SEC/likely top 5 round draft pick. Once he's out of the game they'll throw the national pitcher of the year. And oh yeah, their offense hit 5 Homers yesterday. 

That being said Wicklander has been 'got' this year, and Nebraska is finding a way to win games - I maybe wouldn't touch this one.

5 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Oh yeah, I agree 100% with you.  Yeah, it didn’t look great early, but they can be long games with ebbs and flows. But a couple posters on here seem to go up and down with every strike. The negativity gets old. 

Momentum can shift every half inning and it’s what makes baseball great - you have to throw to the batter and get outs, no dodging or running out a clock.

IMO, it was a matter of time before they got to their starter, he was leaving it up and they were just under it until that 3rd time through the lineup.

And excellent job by Bolt to recognize the situation after the 3rd, collect the team and talk it out. I bet he’s a badass to play for. 

• Plus1 3

Wick has been hit plenty. He’s been run early too.it’s to y’all’s advantage we used so many arms yesterday even though pitch counts stayed pretty low. Having to throw kopps was a bad sign IMO.

on the other hand, we played like shot yesterday. If we play like shot today it will be the first time we’ve done it this year. If the huskers pull it off there won’t be anything cheap about it. And it might be a snake pit in there tonight, but it looked like huskers brought some fans.

hopefully those that made the trip are having fun. We got screwed having to have UN as the 2 in our regional. At least your fans seem rowdy. I’d pull for you if you put us out

• Plus1 6