Thunderin' Bolts at the Fayetteville Regional

2 minutes ago, Arkypigfan said:

Kopps and wicklander is our best shot. Huskers still battled and never were really out of it. Gonna be tough to beat these dudes twice in a row but huskers have some grit.

what a terrible draw, for both teams reality 

I know DVH didn't appreciate it. I think the ump tonight was in over his head. Both sides were shaking their heads with a zone that seemed inconsistent. Your boys played well but I do think they know our boys are better than the media believes them to be. Will be an interesting first game tomorrow. NJIT has some Dawgs that came to play. 

• Plus1 2

Umpire didn’t do us any favors but the bats were just missing - Arkansas threw well enough. Was hoping Wicklander would go another inning, but good decision to pull him before the lineup turned over. Honestly, he not overly impress me, or he just didn’t have it. He mixed it up and obviously stymied our bats, but he didn’t have much command of his curveball and I think if NU (ever) sees him again that they’d time him up (or Wick could dial-in and shove it at us). 

Chick’s disciplined approach was a great 2-strike liner up the middle on that loopy curveball he stayed inside on and turned it around - that was very impressive. There were some solid ABs from 2-5, but didn’t produce the results, which is why I was hoping they’d leave Wicklander in too long to chop that lead up.

Happy to wake up and see DVHs comments about the strike zone, you could see Roskam and the ump exchanging comments after no calls. 

Get the bats going and it’s going to be a successful day, this team can hang. 

• Plus1 1

I am worried about Bunz’s performance this weekend. He has to be a guy relied upon to shut down an inning like he has all year, for whatever reason he just hasn’t had it this weekend. Tough sledding to win this regional without one of your best relievers not up to snuff. 

Not too much to rehash that hasn't been covered already especially about the strike zone.  Just one of those games, NU was putting some good swings on the ball.  They just ended up going foul or were hit right at an Arkansas defender.  I think you can walk away from last night's game feeling pretty good about things honestly.  Arkansas didn't blow the Skers out of the water, NU just made tons of mistakes.  Would be great to jump on NJIT early and often today and hopefully Shay can give NU 6 or 7 strong innings.  OR, does Bolt roll the dice a bit and start Kyle Perry and see what happens?  He's gradually been getting stretched out...

36 minutes ago, caveman99 said:

I am worried about Bunz’s performance this weekend. He has to be a guy relied upon to shut down an inning like he has all year, for whatever reason he just hasn’t had it this weekend. Tough sledding to win this regional without one of your best relievers not up to snuff. 

Yeah that was a tough watch yesterday.  I feel awful for him that he had his worst outing in 2+ months at the most critical spot in the season.  Here's hoping he bounces back.  His stuff was good yesterday, the Arkansas guys just weren't biting at anything.