Thunderin' Bolts at the Fayetteville Regional

18 minutes ago, caveman99 said:

I am jealous of you all getting to watch this game on tv, not on in NY and for some reason I can’t even stream it via ESPN app. All radio call for me tonight, still loving it though.

Bummer man. I'm sure there's a stream out there if you wanted to do some searching. Game's on ESPN2.

Radio call is still awesome. I've listened to them every game all season. It's one of the small joys of my life. We've got pretty good radio announcers. I sync them up with the video so I don't have to worry about listening to the ESPN Z team.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
5 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Bummer man. I'm sure there's a stream out there if you wanted to do some searching. Game's on ESPN2.

Radio call is still awesome. I've listened to them every game all season. It's one of the small joys of my life. We've got pretty good radio announcers. I sync them up with the video so I don't have to worry about listening to the ESPN Z team.

Is Handley still calling games? I admittedly haven't heard a lot of baseball on the radio this year, but I haven't heard him call any games at all. 

2 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Is Handley still calling games? I admittedly haven't heard a lot of baseball on the radio this year, but I haven't heard him call any games at all. 

Handley splits PBP duties with Greg Sharpe, with Sharpe calling most innings. I don’t know if Handley made the trip to Fayateville for this weekend.

3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Handley splits PBP duties with Greg Sharpe, with Sharpe calling most innings. I don’t know if Handley made the trip to Fayateville for this weekend.

I recall Handley working more with McLaughlin on some road series, but it may have been a random mix of the three, with NH/BM one or two times, NH/GS the other, and mostly GS/BM. I'm not thinking clearly with the way this game is going :wasted

• Oh Yeah! 2

9 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

I am with you on the radio call, being in NY I have to listen to a lot of the games as it is. No NET or other local broadcast options out here. I really enjoy the NU baseball play by play. 

BTWBryce has been awesome at 3B today! I love good 3B play since my son plays a lot of it.

4 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think Handley is kind of the alternate/fill-in guy with the regulars being Sharpe and Ben McLaughlin. Those latter two are on the call tonight.

I do like Handley as a third voice. I feel like we've got a pretty good roster of radio talent. As do my Mets. I've heard some really bad radio announcers, primarily in the MLB and they're... pretty awful. I can't imagine what a bad college team sounds like.

• Fire 1
3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Yes he did, Greg Sharpe usually calls the 1st, 3nd, 5th, 6th, 8th, and 9th and Handley does PBP for the others. They act as color commentator for the other when not doing PBP.

• Fire 1
Just now, caveman99 said:

I am with you on the radio call, being in NY I have to listen to a lot of the games as it is. No NET or other local broadcast options out here. I really enjoy the NU baseball play by play. 

BTWBryce has been awesome at 3B today! I love good 3B play since my son plays a lot of it.

Brice is a baller for sure. He gets somewhat overshadowed by Max's fantastic year but he has really been clutch this year and has really turned it on down the stretch. His speed on the basepaths and defensive versatility is invaluable.

• Fire 1