Thunderin' Bolts at the Fayetteville Regional

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I can't believe he'd pitch.  I assume he'll still play SS but that's not exactly an easy task either after 60+ pitches.

I know a lot of coaches that won’t let players go back to left side of the infield after pitching, it isn’t as easy as people think. Schwelly’s arm will be sore for sure.

Just now, caveman99 said:

I know a lot of coaches that won’t let players go back to left side of the infield after pitching, it isn’t as easy as people think. Schwelly’s arm will be sore for sure.

I guess they could try to DH him?  At least for the first few innings.  We were kind of scraping together a fielding lineup anyway.

Just now, Mavric said:

I guess they could try to DH him?  At least for the first few innings.  We were kind of scraping together a fielding lineup anyway.

Cervantes is a black hole at the plate, though; let's hope Schwelly can field for a few innings. 

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Absolutely. He was emptying out the gas tank but he just put the team on his back and dragged him across the finish line. Pure will. Amazing performance. And a great start by Perry.

Perry is a huge piece of next year’s team. Let’s hope his arm stays healthy because he has great stuff. I know the coaches have said they don’t want him pitching this Summer, will stretch him out this Fall. They will be very careful with him.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
2 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

It's been asked, but do we know who's starting? Schreiber, with an all-hands-on-deck mentality? 

Honestly, no idea. The last couple times we had a 4th game in a series it was Perry and we obviously burned him tonight.

It's either gonna be an opener type situation with everyone that's left or maybe that start Povich on short rest? I could see Cade wanting the ball tomorrow.

• Fire 1
1 minute ago, Cdog923 said:

Cervantes is a black hole at the plate, though; let's hope Schwelly can field for a few innings. 

I think Schwelly will be at SS tomorrow, I just hate it for his sake. He is a 1st round draft pick. If he stretches and warms his arm up properly, he will be ok. I guarantee you though he won’t feel right all game however.

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, caveman99 said:

Perry is a huge piece of next year’s team. Let’s hope his arm stays healthy because he has great stuff. I know the coaches have said they don’t want him pitching this Summer, will stretch him out this Fall. They will be very careful with him.

It's been a pretty damn well linear ramp up by him so far. 1 IP, 2 IP, 3 IP, 4.1 IP in 4 starts. I can see why they love him. He's a baller who had stuff tonight the best team in the country couldn't touch.

Despite the outflux of upperclassman talent leaving, this team has a lot of talent coming back. Kyle will definitely be a weekend starter for sure.

1 minute ago, caveman99 said:

I think Schwelly will be at SS tomorrow, I just hate it for his sake. He is a 1st round draft pick. If he stretches and warms his arm up properly, he will be ok. I guarantee you though he won’t feel right all game however.

Yeah, his arm will be sore tomorrow, but he will still be at SS. He may only need to throw his hardest from SS a few times in a game, so he probably won’t be risking any long-term damage. 

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Yeah, his arm will be sore tomorrow, but he will still be at SS. He may only need to throw his hardest from SS a few times in a game, so he probably won’t be risking any long-term damage. 

Agreed, just hoping he doesn’t short hop a few over. Need clean 6-3 plays tomorrow.

• Plus1 1