Thunderin' Bolts at the Fayetteville Regional

1 minute ago, Danny Bateman said:

It's been a pretty damn well linear ramp up by him so far. 1 IP, 2 IP, 3 IP, 4.1 IP in 4 starts. I can see why they love him. He's a baller who had stuff tonight the best team in the country couldn't touch.

Despite the outflux of upperclassman talent leaving, this team has a lot of talent coming back. Kyle will definitely be a weekend starter for sure.

The mix of veteran leadership with difference making newcomers made this team so fun to follow. Next year, the core of the team will be young, but I expect Bolt to hit the transfer market, as well. 

1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

That is exactly what I thought of. Yeah we were probably pretty cool to Pacific football fans in the 90s when we were beating them 70-21. 

It can definitely be obnoxious and condescending when you're really good, but our fans have always been like this. We chanted HEIS-MAN for Ricky Williams when Texas ended our 47 game winning streak, we cheered for Northwestern when they came in unranked and beat us as a top 10 team, and whether we're good or bad or our opponent is good or bad opposing team players always remark about how we're intimidating for 60 minutes then abnormally nice after.

Anyways, great win tonight! Despite what comes next (although we can totally beat these guys again), we just knocked off the #1 team in the country in their home stadium in postseason baseball.

• Oh Yeah! 1
Just now, Lorewarn said:

It can definitely be obnoxious and condescending when you're really good, but our fans have always been like this. We chanted HEIS-MAN for Ricky Williams when Texas ended our 47 game winning streak, we cheered for Northwestern when they came in unranked and beat us as a top 10 team, and whether we're good or bad or our opponent is good or bad opposing team players always remark about how we're intimidating for 60 minutes then abnormally nice after.

Anyways, great win tonight! Despite what comes next (although we can totally beat these guys again), we just knocked off the #1 team in the country in their home stadium in postseason baseball.

I was at the game against Iowa State in 2009 (sorry to all for bringing that up), we were surprisingly cordial :dumdum

1. Povich with a hard cap of 40-50 pitches

2. Schreiber can give you 30-40 pitches

3. Frank can give you 20-30 pitches

4. Bunz can give you 20-30 pitches

5. Wynne can give you 20-30 pitches

6. Less proven guys like Hallmark, Olson, Feekin, Martin can all go. 

Mix and match how you wish. I'd start Povich and hope he can get you 3IP and hard cap his Pitch Count. Then try and go the rest of the way with Schreiber, Frank, Bunz, Wynne combo. 

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wonder if Arkansas is mad they put is in their regional.  

If there is one thing we learned from this regional, it's that the NCAA did both Nebraska and Arkansas dirty. I was browsing an Arkansas message board to see what their vibe was after this one - and one guy goes  "Other 1 seed's got Central Michigan, Fairfield, Campbell, Liberty in their regional championships and we got Nebraska" 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 3
17 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

1. Povich with a hard cap of 40-50 pitches

2. Schreiber can give you 30-40 pitches

3. Frank can give you 20-30 pitches

4. Bunz can give you 20-30 pitches

5. Wynne can give you 20-30 pitches

6. Less proven guys like Hallmark, Olson, Feekin, Martin can all go. 

Mix and match how you wish. I'd start Povich and hope he can get you 3IP and hard cap his Pitch Count. Then try and go the rest of the way with Schreiber, Frank, Bunz, Wynne combo. 

Not sure Schreiber can give 30-40, maybe 15-25, have to hope Bunz is on to pick up the slack.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

If there is one thing we learned from this regional, it's that the NCAA did both Nebraska and Arkansas dirty. I was browsing an Arkansas message board to see what their vibe was after this one - and one guy goes  "Other 1 seed's got Central Michigan, Fairfield, Campbell, Liberty in their regional championships and we got Nebraska" 

What message board if there’s are you looking at, the ones I’ve looked for are either garbage or one you have to pay to see.