Thunderin' Bolts at the Fayetteville Regional

1 hour ago, Danny Bateman said:

Somebody riddle me this...

Am I allowed to smoke my ceremonial victory cigar tomorrow night before the game? I smoked one this evening after beating NJIT and it worked! Can I save it or do I have to go out now? It's past midnight here in my neck of the woods  chuckleshuffle

Save it.. show faith in the boys like they show to one another

• Fire 1

28 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

Can anyone name a single day greater than Sunday for Nebraska Baseball?

Yes- great win but far from the greatest. 

I was at this game in the outfield bleachers- electric. Interesting who caught the last out and scored the tying run. Ive been to all the National Title FB games- most home games etc and THAT game I will never forget. So much fun. 

• Plus1 1

58 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

Can anyone name a single day greater than Sunday for Nebraska Baseball?

Look, I'm in love with this team as much as anyone...but we've made the CWS before. We've won at the CWS before. Let's keep this in perspective while we still celebrate it, can we?

• Plus1 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1

I was referring more to the TWO must win games, back to back, not just the win over #1 Arkansas. 

I think it is encouraging that Nebraska was able to win even with handing them two runs on a single wild pitch, and being burned by running into so many outs (and, ironically, one run that could have been getting held up at third base. It turned out to be an out at home anyway.)

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, cheekygeek said:

I was referring more to the TWO must win games, back to back, not just the win over #1 Arkansas. 

I think it is encouraging that Nebraska was able to win even with handing them two runs on a single wild pitch, and being burned by running into so many outs (and, ironically, one run that could have been getting held up at third base. It turned out to be an out at home anyway.)

To your credit, you did say Sunday and all the following comments were NOT Sunday games. 

6 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

So there's a potential for thunderstorms tonight. 

I would really prefer to play them tonight and not let them get another day of rest.

Also last time we beat #1 was in 2014 against Oregon State 9-2.

I'm completely torn on the rain part.  On one hand I'd like to see them play tonight to keep the momentum going and Nebraska is obviously feeling it.  On the other hand, an extra day of rest would be huge for Schwelly and Povich for pitching purposes.  Arkansas didn't burn Kopps yesterday and Nebraska is going to have to beat him regardless if they play tonight or tomorrow.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Xmas32 said:

I'm completely torn on the rain part.  On one hand I'd like to see them play tonight to keep the momentum going and Nebraska is obviously feeling it.  On the other hand, an extra day of rest would be huge for Schwelly and Povich for pitching purposes.  Arkansas didn't burn Kopps yesterday and Nebraska is going to have to beat him regardless if they play tonight or tomorrow.

Yeah I am not sure who this would favor, but giving Schwelly a day’s rest and Povich one more day would definitely be good for us. As you said, we are seeing Kopps regardless, but he has been used a lot so another days helps him as well.