Thunderin' Bolts at the Fayetteville Regional

4 hours ago, hskrfan4life said:

Okay guys real talk. I'm very superstitous. Wearing the clothes from yesterday. Question is do I shower, because if I shower will that take off all the good juju or is the good juju on the clothes so I could shower. Ya'll gotta let me know, really debating it.

Depends.  
Does your shirt have mustard stains from hot dogs?
Or, nacho cheese stains?

Mustard is always acceptable without a shower.  And good juju.
Nacho stains is bad juju without a shower. 

If you have no stains, than keep on rolling as is  chuckleshuffle:koolaid2:

11 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Speaking of Perry.  I was thoroughly impressed with him last night.  I had never seen him pitch.  He's one of those guys that doesn't look like he's throwing hard because he's so smooth with his delivery.  But....he is.

Yep, Perry has looked really good after coming back this year.  He will be counted as a #1 or #2 starter next season, as long as he's healthy.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, cheekygeek said:

So I just ran the short range weather model showing simulated radar (reflectivity) for Fayetteville tonight.

The first frame (says 23z in upper left) is 6 PM CDT. I have Fayetteville's approximate location marked with a red X in extreme northeast Arkansas.

I hope this verifies!

https://imgur.com/ucE6Saq

ucE6Saq.gif

Does Fayetteville have a dome like Lincoln?

#LincolnDome

• Plus1 1
25 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Lots of arses puckering up already, many even making excuses in advance. Sounds like a choke job being teed up. 

Bolt looked a lot more calm that DVH last night. 

I like the guy who is suggesting all the pressure is on NU and not Arky somehow. 

• Haha 1
59 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The worst part about that dork Arkansas fan making fun of Perry for his affection on Miley, is that Perry was 14 years old at the time.

Heck, I'm 45 and I think that Miley is oddly attractive, and I really like her recent covers of classic rock songs.

Party in the USA is an absolute banger and I don't care who knows it.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

I think the Huskers came out and battled on Saturday, not playing their best game and saw they could definitely hang with the Hogs. Out hit them- played right with them minus the walks. Then came out on Sunday and our teams mouthpiece Jackson Hallmark rips a home run early to set the tone. 

NU has seen Arkys best throwers and knows they can compete as a team. The we dont care attitude is perfect- now just win the dang thing. 

41 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

Regarding weather concerns, got this from an Arkansas forum:
"They can reschedule for tomorrow. If they can't play tomorrow it goes to head to head record (tied) and then it goes to the higher seed. So we'd advance if it got to that point."

That would be annoying.

Also the pitcher for Arky is a frosh

47 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Lots of arses puckering up already, many even making excuses in advance. Sounds like a choke job being teed up. 

Bolt looked a lot more calm that DVH last night. 

Oh they also played a really bad game and if we both play A or B games they win easily. Basically they have to play bad to lose and we arent as good....sigh what a lovely message board they have. 

How Jaxon Wiggins has performed:

3-1, 4.71 ERA, 3 starts, 4 svs, 21.0 IP, 19 H, 11 R, 11 ER, 3 HR, 12 BB, 26 Ks, 1 HBP, 5 WP, 337 Total Pitches, 236 Ks. 70%

in the 3 starts,  8.2 IP, 7 H, 1 run, 1 ER, 10 Ks

Longest start 3.2

10 minutes ago, talaricohusker said:

This is getting nerve wracking waiting. I’m not going to watch it since I haven’t watched a game all year just checked the updated scores and got on here to read the comments

Ok good

8 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

That would be annoying.

Also the pitcher for Arky is a frosh

Wiggins is said to have a 95+ fastball

However he does tend to be a little wild. His BB numbers are about half his innings numbers. He usually just pitches 1-2 innings. NU needs baserunners and runs early, run his pitch count up, battle. 

Expect Arky to try to get Wiggins to 3 innings. Then get another 1-2 from another pitcher before trying to get it to Kopps the last 4 innings. 

Key is to get out early and ahead before they put Kopps in, then keep the pressure on. 

• Plus1 1