Thunderin' Bolts at the Fayetteville Regional

Just now, B.B. Hemingway said:

I like baseball and played it to. Because of that, I have to root for ArKansas?

No, not at all.  Never said that.  I am not having an arguement.

I will pull for them because I saw them play this year in person, and I like their team.  Nothing other than that. 

1 minute ago, Decoy73 said:

If it wasn’t for Mr Baseball pitching tonight, we likely win IMO.    Huskers should feel good about where they are as a program.  Give Bolt an extension and a raise.   The trajectory definitely is up for the skers.  

Oh for sure. No argument about the future of the program. If we can keep Bolt around Husker baseball has the sky as the limit.

I just feel bad for this team. They got a raw deal in so many ways by so many different forces out of their control and they just said f#&% it and went down fighting their hearts out.

• Plus1 4

Eff arky. Bunch a trash hillbillies. Great season boys you deserve better from your league and NCAA. Definitely got hose and hate how umps have control over a game like that definitely need to take the human error out of the strike and ball zones. And yes I’ve played ball and was an ump for a couple years and hated it 

• Plus1 4

Heck of a season! Our guys were competitive til the end. B1G champs, our coach was Coach of the Year in only his second season. This will be the team to watch in the future. We proved we can play with the ‘big boys’ 

(I do wonder if we would’ve worn our red uniforms instead of black if that would’ve made a difference? Seems like every time our guys wear black it’s the ‘kiss of death’!

• Plus1 1

If your an Arky fan and your here, respect to you but zero respect to your team, your coaches (including DVH) and your fans.

Stomping plates, throwing hand jesters, knife gestures to the throat... Absolute TRASH!!!

Hoping every fan here in Omaha buys all GA tickets and sounds off with each pitch against y'all. I'd wish you good luck if there was an ounce of decency in even one player/coach. It doesn't exist. Absolute TRASH. Trash from the fans, from players and the coaches alike. What a disappointment dvh has become. Sold his soul.

• Plus1 2

Most shoud've known this was gonna be a fairly tall task in the regional, not just because of getting sent to Arky, but because of the very questionable pitching depth that is needed this time of year.  This is the biggest reason the conference screwed not only NU, but all of their teams, by having no midweek and out of conference games .

Most of us honestly thought no chance, even less after losing Max but the grittiness they showed this weekend should be looked on as a strong foundation to build upon.  Like the pitching potentially returning, but some big bats to replace.

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

It was a heck of a season!!!

After watching how we were treated I hope we boo arky out of Omaha if they make it. Very poor behavior by their players, the first base coach and their fans. 

Absolute intolerable character for a DVH team. 

The razorbacks should be treated with the same when and if they reach Omaha. 

Yes- Spread the message. Time to return the favor to Arky fans in Omaha. The way husker fans and team were treated was comparable to trips I made to Boulder in the ‘90s.

6 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Oh for sure. No argument about the future of the program. If we can keep Bolt around Husker baseball has the sky as the limit.

I just feel bad for this team. They got a raw deal in so many ways by so many different forces out of their control and they just said f#&% it and went down fighting their hearts out.

Bolt needs a raise

• Fire 1