Thunderin' Bolts at the Fayetteville Regional

4 hours ago, Mack said:

If I was a Nebraska fan, I’m sure I’d be complaining.  If we had lost, I’d have complained about the ‘low’ strike zone calls.
That ‘fluid’ strike zone seemed consistent to me.  Your pitchers punched out a bunch of our batters on pitches that often looked low.  I howled each time.

Evenly matched teams.

Except you guys had the college version of Mariano Rivera.  

As much as I hate saying this I'll say it anyway. 

I watched DVH's post game. He was specifically asked about having to play against us. His answer was straight honey to the committee. "I know it's a hard job selecting so I don't blame them".. What a piss poor, kiss the NCAA a$$, response. He had the opportunity to stand up for his player, for his former employer, for fans that think of him as the godfather of husker baseball. What does he do? He spits in our face!!!

I for one will be at every Arky game if they make the CWS (hoping they never again make it) and will do everything I can to yell out how I feel. He sold out! He failed the huskers!! He kissed the ncaa's arse!!! He absolutely doesn't deserve any support! None, not even an applause. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

I watched DVH's post game. He was specifically asked about having to play against us. His answer was straight honey to the committee. "I know it's a hard job selecting so I don't blame them".. What a piss poor, kiss the NCAA a$$, response. He had the opportunity to stand up for his player, for his former employer, for fans that think of him as the godfather of husker baseball. What does he do? He spits in our face!!!

I for one will be at every Arky game if they make the CWS (hoping they never again make it) and will do everything I can to yell out how I feel. He sold out! He failed the huskers!! He kissed the ncaa's arse!!! He absolutely doesn't deserve any support! None, not even an applause. 

Get a grip dude what did you expect him to say. 

• Plus1 2

And additionally, he easily could have helped his former player by stating how competitive we were. He easily could have said we played them as tough or tougher than any team he faced this year. He said nothing. Not once did he recognize our players, our coaches or our program. Never, NEVER AGAIN, will I in any way applaud dvh. He sold his soul when he walked away from this program. He closed the door on this state, the fans of this state and players he coached here. HE'S NOT DESERVING OF OUR RESPECT OR OUR GRATITUDE. Just like he bailed on us to Arkansas, he bailed on us last night!!!

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Farms said:

Get a grip dude what did you expect him to say. 

I expected him to say something positive about our program, our boys, our coach. 

I expected him to side with us and stand strong. To make a statement about placing a power 5 champion as the 2 seed in the 1 seed regional. Crickets and not only crickets, he poured honey down their throats with his response to the seedings question.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Decoy73 said:

Except you guys had the college version of Mariano Rivera.  

Better than the college version of Mariano. They used him 41% of the innings against us. We almost won a series in which we had to face a guy having arguably the best pitching season in college baseball history - 41% of the freaking series. 

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Loebarth said:

He had the opportunity to stand up for his player, for his former employer, for fans that think of him as the godfather of husker baseball. What does he do? He spits in our face!!!

He hasn't been our coach for 20 years, he doesn't owe Nebraska fans anything and I'm sure he doesn't care or expect Nebraska fans to care about him. It's not like he's from here or has any special ties to us. He played at Arkansas, he was a GA at Arkansas, and he's been a coach lots of other places for close to as long as he was our coach.

Who cares? DVH is Arkansas' coach and should only care about himself and Arkansas. 

15 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Who cares? DVH is Arkansas' coach and should only care about himself and Arkansas. 

Then why are you busting my chops? Seems to me your defending him because you DO care. 

If you didn't care you'd have read my comments and moved on. Your loyal to him and it shows. I don't blame you, I was as well. Things changed this weekend. He had 3 post games to say something, anything, positive about Bolt, about our program, about our boys being cheated out of an opportunity to play on the biggest stage. 3 times he held post game interviews and in the final interview he's asked to comment about the placement of Nebraska in his regional. His response.. "it's a tough job being a committee member" ... Copped out, Bailed out, Show his cowardly character. 

No coach has been supported more than him at the CWS by the fans. So, the moment he's given an opportunity to show real gratitude, he spits in our face. In his former players face.. 

Grow some and confess. You're a vanhorn loyalist. You jump my chops in his defense not because anything I've stated is wrong. You jumped my chops because vanhorn is your guy.

• Plus1 1

17 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

He is Arkansas' coach and should only care about himself and Arkansas. 

We jump started his career or did you forget. WE... We that donated, We that spent millions to upgrade. We that filled the stadium. We that had 10k fans at his first super regional. 

We.. meaning Husker Nation. His ungratefulness was on full display this weekend and I'm hoping "WE" turn against him as he turned against us. Against our coach. Against our players. Against his shortstop. Pathetic display by him and WE should call him out.

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, Loebarth said:

I’ve been lurking here during the regional and reading what you guys have had to say. I’ve not really had the urge to post until now because some of the things being discussed by a minuscule amount of Huskers fans have flat out not been true. The post quoted is absolutely 100% false and its blatant. 

DVH was great for your program and he has been great for ours. See the link below and skip to about the 9:45 mark. He gets a question and discusses Nebraska. Make your own judgement. 

Note: I’m a long time season ticket holder and enjoyed my interactions with your fans. You guys have a ball club to be proud of. It sucks the regionals were set up the way they were. As SEC baseball followers, most Arkansas fans found it odd that Mississippi State had the easiest regional in the nation, since their AD is on the committee. 

• Plus1 2
17 minutes ago, Hawgeye said:

I’ve been lurking here during the regional and reading what you guys have had to say. I’ve not really had the urge to post until now because some of the things being discussed by a minuscule amount of Huskers fans have flat out not been true. The post quoted is absolutely 100% false and its blatant. 

DVH was great for your program and he has been great for ours. See the link below and skip to about the 9:45 mark. He gets a question and discusses Nebraska. Make your own judgement. 

Note: I’m a long time season ticket holder and enjoyed my interactions with your fans. You guys have a ball club to be proud of. It sucks the regionals were set up the way they were. As SEC baseball followers, most Arkansas fans found it odd that Mississippi State had the easiest regional in the nation, since their AD is on the committee. 

I know it's a really tough job and I get that...

When he could have been bold and said something like (listen, as a champion they deserved a host. They played us as tough or tougher than... etc) instead he sugar coated the NCAA.. I know it's a really tough job and I get that. He sold out. He had an opportunity to defend his old team. His former player. His former fans. AND HE TOOK THE HIGH ROAD.

Hoping every Nebraska voice in the stands in TD abandons him like he abandoned us. 

26 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

I know it's a really tough job and I get that...

When he could have been bold and said something like (listen, as a champion they deserved a host. They played us as tough or tougher than... etc) instead he sugar coated the NCAA.. I know it's a really tough job and I get that. He sold out. He had an opportunity to defend his old team. His former player. His former fans. AND HE TOOK THE HIGH ROAD.

Hoping every Nebraska voice in the stands in TD abandons him like he abandoned us. 

If you actually watch the presser video from 9:45 until the end, he speaks very highly of Nebraska, your coach, your program. 

Again, how your jimmies get so rustled over that PC is beyond me. 

• Plus1 1