Thunderin' Bolts at the Fayetteville Regional

Just now, hskrfan4life said:

It was also a really slow grounder. That throw a second later he's safe.

Plus it’s against a guy making his first appearance in the field in the weekend with good speed at 3rd. Opitz made a great play to catch the ball on the first base side and come across the plate to make the tag. 

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

That's this offense, no reason to change. It was a close play tried to catch him off guard.

I’m not hatin’ too hard, the brain fart in the second was a no no, Scwhelly was stretching it, Acker is a predetermined situational decision. All different reasons and like you’re getting at, it’ll come around to benefit as well - it’s still a game of percentages.

edit: incorrect inning

9 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

It was also a really slow grounder. That throw a second later he's safe.

The rule of thumb is to not make the 1st or 3rd out at home or third, that’s why I don’t love the decision. 

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I love that Mojo has the Pig Pen all hot and bothered. 

I hope he spins a bill and shuts em up next AB

15 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Not sure what Schwellenbach is doing on that play, but the out at home is a contact play which NU has been playing aggressively all season. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. It’s worked for NU plenty this season. 

100%.

It's textbook baseball. Grounder the other way and the guy on third is headed home. If that ball is hit anywhere but hard right at the fielder, Acker is safe. Can't fault aggressiveness on this play in particular.

• Plus1 1