Thunderin' Bolts at the Fayetteville Regional

15 minutes ago, caveman99 said:

Yeah I am not sure who this would favor, but giving Schwelly a day’s rest and Povich one more day would definitely be good for us. As you said, we are seeing Kopps regardless, but he has been used a lot so another days helps him as well. 

We want the game played tonight. Having it played tomorrow would hurt our chances in the super. Play it tonight so the rotation is mostly setup for the super.

48 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

So there's a potential for thunderstorms tonight. 

I would really prefer to play them tonight and not let them get another day of rest.

Also last time we beat #1 was in 2014 against Oregon State 9-2.

I just checked the WX models and, while I can't rule out a shower or two, it appears that Fayetteville will be NW of the more widespread and heavy rains that are predicted for central and southern Arkansas through Tuesday. Also, there are no Supercell parameters anywhere around Fayetteville, so hopefully lightning will not be a big concern either. Just glad that Fayetteville is in the extreme NW corner of the state.

21 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

Okay guys real talk. I'm very superstitous. 

These two sentences completely contradict each other.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 4

Pitching Tonight- available- pitches thrown

Povich 64

Frank 48

Bunz  25 (has been off)

Wynne 19

Scheiber 17

Olsen 27

Feekin 22

Martin 19

Bragg 10

Im a huge J Bunz fan, but he hasnt been able to find the strike zone

Really like our chances especially if tonights game gets rained out so Povich and Frank get another days rest. As well as Schwelly and get Anderson back at least as a PH or DH?

I can't figure out how to imbed Tweets with the new HB format, but I saw an interesting Tweet by Sam McKewon.

To summarize, if Arkansas wins, they will host NC State in Fayetteville this coming weekend.  If Nebraska wins, the NCAA will select one of the 16 pre-selected regional sites for the NU vs. NC State series.  NU could play in Fayetteville or be shipped to a regional site closer to NC State.  Another oddity with this year's tournament & schedule.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I can't figure out how to imbed Tweets with the new HB format, but I saw an interesting Tweet by Sam McKewon.

Just paste the link to the Tweet.  You have to give it a couple seconds to resolve before submitting.

https://twitter.com/swmckewonOWH/status/1401929007126519811

The second sentence I didn't know.  I thought we'd be back in Arkansas but apparently we could be anywhere.

I don't quite follow the third sentence.  If they're playing at the higher seed, why would that be bizarre?

41 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

Okay guys real talk. I'm very superstitous. Wearing the clothes from yesterday. Question is do I shower, because if I shower will that take off all the good juju or is the good juju on the clothes so I could shower. Ya'll gotta let me know, really debating it.

I vote you shower, though I don’t have to smell you. I mean, do you want to be dealing with swamp a$$ while watching the game?

6 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Just paste the link to the Tweet.  You have to give it a couple seconds to resolve before submitting.

https://twitter.com/swmckewonOWH/status/1401929007126519811

The second sentence I didn't know.  I thought we'd be back in Arkansas but apparently we could be anywhere.

I don't quite follow the third sentence.  If they're playing at the higher seed, why would that be bizarre?

I think it's the fact that NU and NC State could be at ECU, not that it would be bizarre that ECU would play at Vandy.  This whole regional site setting this year is a little bizarre.

49 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

Okay guys real talk. I'm very superstitous. Wearing the clothes from yesterday. Question is do I shower, because if I shower will that take off all the good juju or is the good juju on the clothes so I could shower. Ya'll gotta let me know, really debating it.

46 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

Also I'm completely serious

Pretty darned sure your attire and hygiene habits have absolutely nothing to do with how the team, hundreds of miles away, will perform.

But erroring on the side of caution, you better not change a thing from yesterday :lol:

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I can't figure out how to imbed Tweets with the new HB format

On desktop, the link you're looking for is the timestamp on the tweet itself, or the URL of the tweet.

On mobile, hit the triangle symbol:

T51gO3L.png

Then hit "copy link" and paste it in a HuskerBoard reply window. Give it a second to embed, and you're good. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, hskrfan4life said:

Wonder how many or if any players are doing the same.  

1 hour ago, hskrfan4life said:

The shirt I wore yesterday for both games isn't getting touched. If my girlfriend washes it before I get home I'll leave her. And if I have to go out in the rain to smoke my victory cigar I'll do it. Got to keep the good juju alive.

GBFR!

• Plus1 2