Jump to content

Thunderin' Bolts at the Fayetteville Regional


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Mavric said:

 

I would guess they're banking on being able to get through the first game with their #2/3 guy and save their ace for game 2.

 

Plus that give him an extra day of rest after a long weekend.

Yeah, if Arkansas is the #1 overall seed, then they are probably thinking they can beat the worst team in the field with their #2 or #3 starter.  It would be hilarious if it bit them in the butt, but with their lineup, it's unlikely.

Link to post

  • Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly Husker fans, this is the best endorsement of the year. In the first full year of the Bolt era we made Arkansas fans so uncomfortable they are coming to our board to b!^@h about it, minutes af

Wick has been hit plenty. He’s been run early too.it’s to y’all’s advantage we used so many arms yesterday even though pitch counts stayed pretty low. Having to throw kopps was a bad sign IMO.  

Ehh, don't be man.  Just enjoy the ride.  If NU wins, it's a total bonus.  If NU loses, it was supposed to happen and NU got screwed by being put in Arkansas's region.

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Yeah, if Arkansas is the #1 overall seed, then they are probably thinking they can beat the worst team in the field with their #2 or #3 starter.  It would be hilarious if it bit them in the butt, but with their lineup, it's unlikely.

 

If they get into a jam Kopps will extinguish the fire. They have the luxury of starting who they want in game 1.  NJT is about .500 right? 

 

  • Plus1 1
Link to post
49 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Yeah, if Arkansas is the #1 overall seed, then they are probably thinking they can beat the worst team in the field with their #2 or #3 starter.  It would be hilarious if it bit them in the butt, but with their lineup, it's unlikely.

 

Yep. We should all become huge fans of the NJIT Highlanders and hope they just tear Arky's starter a new one to screw with their bullpen lol

  • Oh Yeah! 1
Link to post
19 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

NJT is about .500 right? 

26-22, but won their last 9 games. Begs the question why Arkansas got NJIT and not Jacksonville who is 16-32 or Southern who is 20-28. But I need to stop trying to understand why this committee made any of these decisions. 

  • Plus1 2
Link to post
12 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

26-22, but won their last 9 games. Begs the question why Arkansas got NJIT and not Jacksonville who is 16-32 or Southern who is 20-28. But I need to stop trying to understand why this committee made any of these decisions. 

 

I guess the NCAA thought New Jersey was closer than Jacksonville or Southern-:D  Since Northeastern is in our regional too. Someone needs to send them a map or show them how google works

  • Haha 1
Link to post

48 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

26-22, but won their last 9 games. Begs the question why Arkansas got NJIT and not Jacksonville who is 16-32 or Southern who is 20-28. But I need to stop trying to understand why this committee made any of these decisions. 

 

Q: Why did Alabama get into the postseason?

 

Bigwig commissioner guy: "Their strength of schedule, I think that's pretty much it..."

 

giphy.gif

Link to post
1 minute ago, Danny Bateman said:

 

Q: Why did Alabama get into the postseason?

 

Bigwig commissioner guy: "They're strength of schedule, I think that's pretty much it..."

 

giphy.gif

"Alright Committee leader, now that you have the bracket released, now is the time for your interview with the media about how you made the bracket decisions."

 

xKMdPiL.gif

 

 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

 

What is their reasoning for doing that do you think?

 

He's arguably NU's best pitcher and you want to deploy your best pitching weapon in the highest leverage situations IMO.  If that means coming on in the 6th with the bases loaded and 2 outs while protecting a 1 run lead, cool.  If it means closing the 9th, that's cool too.

Link to post
11 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

 

I guess the NCAA thought New Jersey was closer than Jacksonville or Southern-:D  Since Northeastern is in our regional too. Someone needs to send them a map or show them how google works

I mean the "closeness" thing is silly when they sent Central Connecticut to FREAKING EUGENE, OREGON. A mere 46 hour bus ride for the Blue Devils. 

  • Plus1 1
Link to post

I would have MUCH more respect if they just admitted that they 

 

1) Threw darts

 

2) Put all the names in a hat and drew them randomly from there- of course with the Nebraska paper being set aside as to send them to Arkansas no matter what :)

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post

4 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I already covered why I wouldn't skip his normal start on Friday.  Game 1 is the most important game right now, and teams can't look ahead.  Povich gives NU the best opportunity to win game 1.  He's NU's best pitcher, pitching on his normal rest, and routine.  Friday games are the most important of each series during the season.  Why change that up for the most important games of the season?  NU can't prepare for Arkansas or any other future game without winning game 1 first.


Never looked past Friday - said it was important to jump out early so he could exit early.

 

Friday games in the regular season are not equal to Friday games in a tournament.

 

They way you are describing Povich, and starters, is not an ideal Ace for any staff in any tournament situation - as you’ve already acknowledged Arkansas’ approach without worry for their #1 and #2 routines. So that comes off like either a Povich thing or your opinion about starters is murky. 

 

Link to post
47 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:


Slavens is a pretty big loss. We had to rearrange our lineup and put our DH in LF as a result and he’s...not the most natural fielder to put it nicely.

  • Plus1 1
Link to post
2 hours ago, Savage Husker said:


Never looked past Friday - said it was important to jump out early so he could exit early.

 

Friday games in the regular season are not equal to Friday games in a tournament.

 

They way you are describing Povich, and starters, is not an ideal Ace for any staff in any tournament situation - as you’ve already acknowledged Arkansas’ approach without worry for their #1 and #2 routines. So that comes off like either a Povich thing or your opinion about starters is murky. 

 

I am a huge Povich fan. He’s been great all season. I just don’t think it’s smart to count on him for more than 1 game over 3 days, and that’s not a knock on Povich. Why take him out early if NU is comfortably ahead, when he can eat innings and keep the bullpen more rested for the rest of the weekend. One of NU’s strengths is a deep bullpen.  Why do you want to force Povich into another game when you have no idea if he will be successful in that role?

  • Plus1 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.






×
×
  • Create New...