Fire Warren

• 1 month later...

He legitimately said out loud on the record that he was proud of his handling of the 2020 season and if he had to do it over again wouldn't change a thing.  Said this.....out loud....in front of people whom he knew would quote him.....

That alone should be a fireable offense.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1
  • 1 year later...

Warren definitely made some mistakes early in his tenure, especially during the COVID year.  I think he struggled adjusting to working with college administrators and AD's, but his tenure will be remembered for expanding the Big Ten to LA, and getting the huge media rights deal going forward.  It will be interesting to see who the Big Ten turns to next, and what the new Commissioner will be responsible for.

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Warren definitely made some mistakes early in his tenure, especially during the COVID year.  I think he struggled adjusting to working with college administrators and AD's, but his tenure will be remembered for expanding the Big Ten to LA, and getting the huge media rights deal going forward.  It will be interesting to see who the Big Ten turns to next, and what the new Commissioner will be responsible for.

I forgot the media deal too. Keeps us ahead of the SEC. Now we need an OSU-M final.

• 2 weeks later...

34 minutes ago, GSG said:

Guess the Bears ownership didn't like the presentation: https://www.reimaginesoldierfield.com/ 

Wow...that looks amazing.

I'm confused on your comment.  Are you saying the Bears ownership didn't like this presentation?  Or, one for Arlington Heights?

Moving the Bears there would be very bad, in my opinion.  Soldier field is historic.  They ruined it though with their last renovation.  This, however, would completely transform it into something special.