12-Team Playoff On the Way; 14-Team to Follow

Here's an idea.  Since we have a regular season that decides division champs, then a conference championship game, then an 8 team playoff, let's just have another playoff after that's all done just to make sure we had the right teams.  Then we'll play a best of seven for each of the semifinal series.  When that's all done we'll do it all over one more time just to be sure but this time make it a 16 team playoff because what about #9???  They got screwed.

• Haha 2
  • 2 months later...

Couldn’t we just do it “virtually” with a computerized best of seven tournament format with every team playing every body else until we’ve eliminated every other opponent.   Teams can be composed of any and all past and present players and coaches as selected by a vote of the past and present season ticket holders of the respective programs.  
This way we can save billions of $$$ and all the work etc of actually having real games.  No more issues with any thing.  
Virtual sports.  The final solution.  

20 hours ago, Mavric said:

Are they still looking at 12 teams as the goal?

If so, I don't see how first round games on campus can work with the top 4 seeds getting a bye. Georgia loses out on $10mil easy in home game revenue for being too good and not playing in that round? Don't think people would go for it.

8 minutes ago, runningblind said:

You think? Nah, let's continue to do something different than any other sport on the planet.

Lol..your sarcasm noted. The institution of NIL should eliminate any narrative that went against the idea of 4+ teams because "that's just too many games..blah blah blah" ...these dudes can now make coin off of this.

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, runningblind said:

That's why you have auto conference champ bids. Then at larges.

I am just saying, they will load the at large bids with SEC teams.  The bias is crazy.  They don't play crap for non-con.  They feast on FCS teams in Nov.  I just get tired of them.  We need more SEC-B1G match ups in the non-con.

• Plus1 4
1 minute ago, Crusader Husker said:

I am just saying, they will load the at large bids with SEC teams.  The bias is crazy.  They don't play crap for non-con.  They feast on FCS teams in Nov.  I just get tired of them.  We need more SEC-B1G match ups in the non-con.

They don't want that just like they dont want 9 conference games. They also know where the money comes from and they schedule for the playoff. It's smart, whether we like it or not. Until there are set rules for number of conference games and scheduling they can take advantage of it.

• Mavric changed the title to 12-Team Playoff On the Way; 14-Team to Follow