DE Hayden Schwartz [Minnesota - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

19 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Schwartz commit?

• Nebraska
    • Minnesota
    • Northwestern

This poll is closed to new votes

obviously not the best news and u want to be higher in the recruiting rankings, BUT, this team is incredibly back logged with fresh-soph that were redshirted plus covid and are still fresh/sophomores... lack of winning certainly doesnt help but i get the sense this staff is not really prioritizing a normal class this year and prolly will raid the transfer market for the very few spots that will open up after this year.

seriously, take a look at the depth chart- few guys on both sides will graduate and thats about it on top of guys like CTB who might get drafted

• Plus1 1
  • seaofred92 changed the title to DE Hayden Schwartz
  • Mavric unpinned this topic
7 hours ago, gossamorharpy said:

obviously not the best news and u want to be higher in the recruiting rankings, BUT, this team is incredibly back logged with fresh-soph that were redshirted plus covid and are still fresh/sophomores... lack of winning certainly doesnt help but i get the sense this staff is not really prioritizing a normal class this year and prolly will raid the transfer market for the very few spots that will open up after this year.

seriously, take a look at the depth chart- few guys on both sides will graduate and thats about it on top of guys like CTB who might get drafted

Nothing brings me more excitement than knowing we have guys who can't beat out our current guys to take their spots when all they've done is lose more games than anyone in our lives. 

• Plus1 6
  • Fire 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

1 hour ago, cheekygeek said:

This is simultaneously a Good Take & an Extremely Depressing Thought.

What is funny is we could realistically look like this next year. 

Offense

QB- Martinez leaves

RB- Someone will transfer out

WR- Toure is gone, is Manning sticking around for covid year? All of the Fr on our roster that still dont play, will any of them transfer out? 

TE- Allen and Vokolek could opt to leave and forgo the covid year

OL- Our worst group on offense could bring back everyone or Sichterman could forgo covid year 

Defense

DL- Stille is gone, Daniels could opt to go pro (he is having a great year) 

LB- Jojo is gone, does Tannor want another year? 

DB Dismuke, Williams, CTB will be gone so we return 1. 

K- Culp is gone which we might view as a positive but that also means we currently have no one on the roster better than him injured. 

P- we bring them back. 

This doesnt take into account any backups who are looking for greener pastures that transfer out. Next year will be a rebuild year in the above scenario. 

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Offense

QB- Martinez leaves

WR- Toure is gone, is Manning sticking around for covid year? All of the Fr on our roster that still dont play, will any of them transfer out? 

OL- Our worst group on offense could bring back everyone or Sichterman could forgo covid year 

Defense

K- Culp is gone which we might view as a positive but that also means we currently have no one on the roster better than him injured. 

P- we bring them back. 

This doesnt take into account any backups who are looking for greener pastures that transfer out. Next year will be a rebuild year in the above scenario. 

I think we're going too worst case scenario here...

I feel fine about RB, same with WR outside of toure leaving.  

The TEs might leave but we also have fidone back (hopefully, injury free) that probably will be a significant upgrade in the playmaking department

Our o line, while inept at imes, i feel has massive potential if we get an actual coach who can coach fundamental sound line play

As far as defense goes- unproven for sure but we still have quite a few young guys int erms of years that will start again

Frankly, I'm not as big on our secondary as most seem to be.  Perhaps im being hard on them but i think theyre sub par as far as pass coverage goes, piss poor in terms of turnovers and playing the ball and they seem to be suited more of a rush D type secondary.  Im so over 3rd and longs/2nd and longs being converted with our DB 3+ yards from the receiver when its caught

LB will take a hit for sure, no way to replace a gamer like jojo but who knows

Relative to other teams, I feel like we have a s#!t load of returning talent.  Its coaching to me and the lack of fundamental consistent football being taught that is our biggest gap

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Offense

QB- Martinez leaves

Defense

P- we bring them back. 

Yea pretty much how I see it.  Although a lot of these guys have talent behind them albeit unproven.  Really comes down to a few players imo.  If Daniels, and Thomas return on the D-Line, I'm not too worried about the defense.  Allen is going to get drafted I don't see him staying, he'll be a big loss but if Fidone heals up I won't be worried there.  Line returns but if the last 4 years are an indication of anything that doesn't mean that they will be better, or even the same guys will be starting.  I pray Betts doesn't leave because he seems criminally under utilized.  But I have a feeling we will hit the portal harder than ever this year.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, gossamorharpy said:

I think we're going too worst case scenario here...

I feel fine about RB, same with WR outside of toure leaving.  

The TEs might leave but we also have fidone back (hopefully, injury free) that probably will be a significant upgrade in the playmaking department

Our o line, while inept at imes, i feel has massive potential if we get an actual coach who can coach fundamental sound line play

As far as defense goes- unproven for sure but we still have quite a few young guys int erms of years that will start again

Frankly, I'm not as big on our secondary as most seem to be.  Perhaps im being hard on them but i think theyre sub par as far as pass coverage goes, piss poor in terms of turnovers and playing the ball and they seem to be suited more of a rush D type secondary.  Im so over 3rd and longs/2nd and longs being converted with our DB 3+ yards from the receiver when its caught

LB will take a hit for sure, no way to replace a gamer like jojo but who knows

Relative to other teams, I feel like we have a s#!t load of returning talent.  Its coaching to me and the lack of fundamental consistent football being taught that is our biggest gap

I agree that Frost has brought in talent the prior 3 seasons, and with a new coach that knows how to maximize talent, we could be really good again. If we bring Frost back with the same level of talent (but less experienced with a good amount of attrition), we will still see the same mistakes.  The easiest schedule in a decade should get Nebraska to 6 or 7 wins, but if we had a really good coach we should be able to get to 10 wins next year.  

• Plus1 1

I liked the kid's film, but HO guys seem to think he wasn't the right size for the B1G. Seems to me he had the frame and motor. They think "letting him go" was an easy decision that NU played a role in. https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/three-out-decommits-all-conference-huskers-and-nu-coaches-on-the-road

Guessing he wanted to look around because of on-field performance. Was rather surprised by the tone of the article.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
17 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

I guess I don’t understand how they do not like his measurable‘s now but they seemed to like them back in June when he visited and then allowed him to commit. 

Fwiw from reading tea leaves, it sounds like the staff got burned with NPG and Jackson Hannah in this way so I do buy that they’ve learned from some mistakes identifying frame types for this conference. There was a post on 247 that said that those two didn’t have the frame the coaches thought they had which is ??? Because you get measurables on visits. But I think it more means they don’t have frames for this conference and the staff now knows how much that matters.

Mostly what I’ve heard and read, NPG and Hannah would already be all-conference AAC players but they just can’t hold up in this conference, let alone in practice against our guys.

Prep recruiting isn’t going well though and this might just be an excuse.

• Haha 1
  • Mavric changed the title to DE Hayden Schwartz [Minnesota - Signed LOI]