All things AOC

The Green New Deal seemed like a lot of solutions. 

Practical solutions? Maybe not. But she's not just about the rage. She has ideas and I think she's a rising star in the left wing. I'm interested in how she develops alliances and works to get consensus for her ideas. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Hopefully she is a rising star in the DNC because that would lead to good elections for the RNC and right leaning Independents. 

I don't think that's going to end up being the case. Bernie for example did better than most Dems among Repubs and independents. But the country is becoming more and more partisan, so we'll have to see.

All things AOC -

Does this count  :dunno

Front Zoom. AOC - 27V2H 27" IPS LED FHD Ultra-Slim FreeSync Monitor (HDMI, VGA) - Black.

or this

About the AOC

The Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC) provides Nevada's court system with the programs and skills required to provide all Nevadan's with timely and efficient justice. The AOC provides continuity and improvement in the Nevada judiciary through:

:include

The irony of the original post and OP's second post is so rich I can taste it. All this brought to you by the original Huskerboard TDS guy.

For what it's worth she never said anything close to her having served in a war. The quote in the tweet represents literally nothing from the interview and it should be retracted. What was said about war was an incomplete thought where she mentioned members and staff in Congress actually have served in wars. 

Original interview is at the link and the Jan 6th discussion start at about the 9:45 mark. Quotes are AOC, summary is mine.

https://www.latinousa.org/2021/05/21/masksoffaoc/

She's talking about what led up to Jan 6th and how no one wants to discuss it because "it's politically sensitive" then she goes on to say "But there are members of Congress that served in war. And not just that, but staff."  Then she transitions into another thought about how service workers and staff at the capitol were affected. Then she discusses the PTSD aspect for herself (never calls it that though).

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Just now, teachercd said:

I just don't see how she will turn down that cash, because it is gonna get offered to her.  

Podcasting is a paper trail of income.  Why give up limitless power and wealth off the books for Podcasting?

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

The irony of the original post and OP's second post is so rich I can taste it. All this brought to you by the original Huskerboard TDS guy.

For what it's worth she never said anything close to her having served in a war. The quote in the tweet represents literally nothing from the interview and it should be retracted. What was said about war was an incomplete thought where she mentioned members and staff in Congress actually have served in wars. 

Original interview is at the link and the Jan 6th discussion start at about the 9:45 mark. Quotes are AOC, summary is mine.

https://www.latinousa.org/2021/05/21/masksoffaoc/

Oh my god, I listened to it.  What she "thought about" on the 6th is amazing.

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, commando said:

like donald trump was for the republican party

House, Senate & White House in two years. Yeah, he delivered for the Democrats.

I don't for a second think AOC is a similar Pied Piper for the Dems, though. I don't think anyone takes her seriously yet, but she's still new to the role. 

• Plus1 1

I'm just not a fan of AOC.  She seems like the type of person that can have a decent idea, but then blow the whole thing up way bigger with her rants that is necessary.  

An example was the whole Jan 6th thing.  Yes, we understand it was probably scary for congress people.  But, the whole....huddling in a corner...rant of hers just made me roll m eyes.

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm just not a fan of AOC.  She seems like the type of person that can have a decent idea, but then blow the whole thing up way bigger with her rants that is necessary.  

An example was the whole Jan 6th thing.  Yes, we understand it was probably scary for congress people.  But, the whole....huddling in a corner...rant of hers just made me roll m eyes.

I think the Capitol Police would disagree with downplaying the insurrection.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1