All things AOC

7 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I think the Capitol Police would disagree with downplaying the insurrection.

I'm not saying down play it.  Especially when you're a police officer who was in the middle of it.  But, there was just something about her comments that were over the top.

9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm just not a fan of AOC.  She seems like the type of person that can have a decent idea, but then blow the whole thing up way bigger with her rants that is necessary.  

An example was the whole Jan 6th thing.  Yes, we understand it was probably scary for congress people.  But, the whole....huddling in a corner...rant of hers just made me roll m eyes.

Don't take this the wrong way, because I'm not trying to accuse you of anything, but if somebody like Mitch or Schumer had said it would you feel differently? I Ihink a lot of the AOC hate is similar to Hillary hate. They are women in power and we're not used to that.

She says some dumb things, but she's differently not part of the establishment (which is a plus) and something everyone clamors for.

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 2
Just now, ZRod said:

Don't take this the wrong way, because I'm not trying to accuse you of anything, but if somebody like Mitch or Schumer had said it would you feel differently? I Ihink a lot of the AOC hate is similar to Hillary hate. They are women in power and we're not used to that.

She says some dumb things, but she's differently not part of the establishment (which is a plus) and something everyone clamors for.

No, I am used to women in power.  I would even say the best boss I ever had was a woman.  I have managers throughout my company that are women.  I have no problem with women in power.  

The bolded is basically what I'm saying.  

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm not saying down play it.  Especially when you're a police officer who was in the middle of it.  But, there was just something about her comments that were over the top.

Most everything she says is over the top.  And all of it is for clout.

• Plus1 3
4 minutes ago, ZRod said:

she's differently not part of the establishment (which is a plus) and something everyone clamors for.

I was thinking about this. Everyone talks about new blood in congress, everyone is annoyed that bad representatives get reelected over and over, but when new people with new ideas come along, they're often met with this kind of reaction. 

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, ZRod said:

It has zero to do with her gender.  It has to do with her volatile approach to politics and her dramatic strong arming and victim card pulling.

Lol she's not establishment, :lol: come on man

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, knapplc said:

I was thinking about this. Everyone talks about new blood in congress, everyone is annoyed that bad representatives get reelected over and over, but when new people with new ideas come along, they're often met with this kind of reaction. 

And, when they get criticized, this and the, it's because she's a woman, card gets pulled.

No, there are ways to get your point across without doing what Redux just described above.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

And, when they get criticized, this and the, it's because she's a woman, card gets pulled.

No, there are ways to get your point across without doing what Redux just described above.

There are lots of cards being pulled in this thread. Most of them have nothing to do with who/what Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez actually is. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, knapplc said:

There are lots of cards being pulled in this thread. Most of them have nothing to do with who/what Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez actually is. 

I expressed my opinion of her which I'm free to have.  Nothing about it has to do with her being a woman or being new to congress or whatever.  There are actually reasons why people both like and don't like various people that have nothing to do with either of those.

• Plus1 1
Just now, BigRedBuster said:

I expressed my opinion of her which I'm free to have.  Nothing about it has to do with her being a woman or being new to congress or whatever.  There are actually reasons why people both like and don't like various people that have nothing to do with either of those.

No worries. She's clearly a lightning rod or we wouldn't have a two-page thread about her in a couple of hours. 

33 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

No, I am used to women in power.  I would even say the best boss I ever had was a woman.  I have managers throughout my company that are women.  I have no problem with women in power.  

The bolded is basically what I'm saying.  

Not you specifically. I mean us collectively. You and I both don't care about if it's a man or woman who leads us, but more than likely a woman would be called a b!^@h in buisness if she's assertive. Where as a man would be seen as a person who gets things done and twists arms. I've even heard quite a few women at work say they had to be a b!^@h.

I'm not saying it's the only reason you or anybody else would dislike her (like there are a plethora of reasons not to like Hillary), just that to me personally is a pretty large reason why people do. And it's mostly subconscious.

31 minutes ago, Redux said:

Lol she's not establishment, :lol: come on man

Go on...

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Redux said:

Go on...

Post the link to the tweet for context and we can continue the discussion. I don't know what specifical events she is referencing, but I assume they are part of the BLM movement.

And again there is a difference between protests and riots as well.

• Plus1 2