All things AOC

9 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Not you specifically. I mean is collectively. You and I both don't care about if it's a man or woman who leads us, but more than likely a woman would be called a b!^@h in buisness if she's assertive. Where as a man would be seen as a person who gets things done and twists arms. I've even heard quite a few women at work say they had to be a b!^@h.

I'm not saying it's the only reason you or anybody else would dislike her (like there are a plethora of reasons not to like Hillary), just that to me personally is a pretty large reason why people do. And it's mostly subconscious.

Go on...

She is the gift that keeps on giving for Republicans.  Similar to MTG. For Democrats.  Both are complete idiots 

• Plus1 2

10 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Post the link to the tweet for context and we can continue the discussion. I don't know what specifical events she is referencing, but I assume they are part of the BLM movement.

And again there is a difference between protests and riots as well.

Mostly just picking and choosing how we want to define them to fit a narrative.  Insurrection too.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
34 minutes ago, Redux said:

Mostly just picking and choosing how we want to define them to fit a narrative.  Insurrection too.

So a group of people standing in front of a Planned Parenthood is essentially the same as a group of people looting a Target?  If we get rid of the nit-picking....

right....:eyeroll

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, funhusker said:

So a group of people standing in front of a Planned Parenthood is essentially the same as a group of people looting a Target?  If we get rid of the nit-picking....

right....:eyeroll

Depends on if the people in front of the PP get violent or destructive.  Hypotheticals van be anything we want!

• Plus1 2

5 hours ago, Redux said:

Pretty sure I just said that

And it’s silly.

We might as well call you a pedophile, assuming you like children.

And if you don’t like children, we can go with a child murderer.

Since we can just assign hypotheticals…

• Plus1 1

7 hours ago, funhusker said:

And it’s silly.

We might as well call you a pedophile, assuming you like children.

And if you don’t like children, we can go with a child murderer.

Since we can just assign hypotheticals…

No you're just being difficult for the sake of being difficult 

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Redux said:

No you're just being difficult for the sake of being difficult 

No. I’m being difficult to point out that it is silly to not recognize the difference between the peaceful protestors who listened to Trump and other speakers, and the people that invaded the Capital building.

Shouting “repent” outside of a PP is not the same as blowing it up.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

All “the Squad” had to do was not be complete asshat morons till November 2022 and let the crazies on the right (looking at you MTG) get all the headlines, but nooooooo.  They said Hold My Beer....and are now doubling down on it.  

The gift that keeps on giving for the RNC.  AOC for Dem nomination and Omar for VP please!!

• Plus1 2
On 6/10/2021 at 8:14 PM, funhusker said:

No. I’m being difficult to point out that it is silly to not recognize the difference between the peaceful protestors who listened to Trump and other speakers, and the people that invaded the Capital building.

Shouting “repent” outside of a PP is not the same as blowing it up.

The people that "invaded" the Capitol were complete morons.  They did exactly what the Left wanted them to do.  They made a giant scene, stirred up s#!t like idiots and were made an example of.  Now the Left has one big stink to cry about for a while.  Meanwhile we justified an entire Summer of violence and US secession and rioting in the name of systematic racism and police brutality.

Apparently the moral of the story is "two wrongs make a right" and "rioting is only a travesty if it slightly scares some politicians".

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
5 hours ago, Redux said:

The people that "invaded" the Capitol were complete morons.  They did exactly what the Left wanted them to do.  They made a giant scene, stirred up s#!t like idiots and were made an example of.  Now the Left has one big stink to cry about for a while.  Meanwhile we justified an entire Summer of violence and US secession and rioting in the name of systematic racism and police brutality.

Apparently the moral of the story is "two wrongs make a right" and "rioting is only a travesty if it slightly scares some politicians".

You’re still missing the point by a mile.

We’re the people marching peacefully last summer with police officers morons?  We’re the people at the completely legal Trump “stop the steal” protest/rally morons?

I’d say definitely not.  And the reason is because the events are completely different than illegal riots.

• Plus1 2