All things AOC

35 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I’m not sure what your point even is.

You get worked up enough about AOC exaggerating to start a thread. 

You admit people ignoring details is in the same vein of political arguments.

And you continue to ignore the difference between legal protests and riots.  And I’m being stubborn?

Good we agree you're just being difficult

That's rich considering some other threads.  Worked up lol.

Noy just ignoring, exaggerating too!

There is a LARGE difference between legal protests and riots.  When did I say otherwise?

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, funhusker said:

I’m not sure what your point even is.

You get worked up enough about AOC exaggerating to start a thread. 

You admit people ignoring details is in the same vein of political arguments.

And you continue to ignore the difference between legal protests and riots.  And I’m being stubborn?

Just look at his second post in his own thread and the follow-up discussion here and in the shed. OP isn't interested in honest conversation.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
On 6/9/2021 at 3:39 PM, ZRod said:

Post the link to the tweet for context and we can continue the discussion. I don't know what specifical events she is referencing, but I assume they are part of the BLM movement.

And again there is a difference between protests and riots as well.

On 6/9/2021 at 3:50 PM, Redux said:

Mostly just picking and choosing how we want to define them to fit a narrative.  Insurrection too.

I mean…

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

Just look at his second post in his own thread and the follow-up discussion here and in the shed. OP isn't interested in honest conversation.

If I thought you actually knew what honest conversation is I might be slightly hurt by that

• Plus1 4
5 minutes ago, Redux said:

You mean what?  That I'm being honest that people use those terms too loosely or not loose enough?  

Are you referencing yourself?

Im really not following your logic.  I give up.

You are literally the only person here that says the definition of a riot vs protest is up to arbitrary definitions.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, funhusker said:

Are you referencing yourself?

Im really not following your logic.  I give up.

You are literally the only person here that says the definition of a riot vs protest is up to arbitrary definitions.

I'm simply stating that people downplay and exaggerate events to fit their narrative.  I'm sorry this is so difficult to understand.

• Thanks 2
4 hours ago, Redux said:

If I thought you actually knew what honest conversation is I might be slightly hurt by that

Was the first tweet you posted accurate or not? Did you ever provide a link to the AOC tweet?

• Plus1 2

50 minutes ago, Redux said:

I'm simply stating that people downplay and exaggerate events to fit their narrative.  I'm sorry this is so difficult to understand.

Thanks for the apology.  Don’t worry about though.

We all have a hard time making a point sometimes.

• Haha 1
15 hours ago, ZRod said:

Was the first tweet you posted accurate or not?

So I've listened to it and read it and analyzed it for the better part of this morning by actually arguing about it with my very staunch Conservative buddy.  After listening to it I've come to this conclusion:

The original accusation is off base.  It leaves context out and adds words to achieve a specific light to paint her in.  I concede this.  The rest I listened to was her doing her standard shtick of dramatics.  But she did not call Jan 6 essentially serving in war, she did not say that.  Did she mean that?  I doubt it, but I see why some people hope she did.  Either way, the accused quote wasn't said.

15 hours ago, ZRod said:

Did you ever provide a link to the AOC tweet?

As to this, no?  And why should I?  Look for it yourself if you want to verify it's authenticity.  That's her Twitter, that's her picture beside it.  What more do you want?  I already suffered through like 5 minutes of her poscast episode.

11 minutes ago, Redux said:

So I've listened to it and read it and analyzed it for the better part of this morning by actually arguing about it with my very staunch Conservative buddy.  After listening to it I've come to this conclusion:

The original accusation is off base.  It leaves context out and adds words to achieve a specific light to paint her in.  I concede this.  The rest I listened to was her doing her standard shtick of dramatics.  But she did not call Jan 6 essentially serving in war, she did not say that.  Did she mean that?  I doubt it, but I see why some people hope she did.  Either way, the accused quote wasn't said.

As to this, no?  And why should I?  Look for it yourself if you want to verify it's authenticity.  That's her Twitter, that's her picture beside it.  What more do you want?  I already suffered through like 5 minutes of her poscast episode.

Cool. I'm glad we agree the first tweet was garbage.

In regards to AOC's tweet, I don't want to keep doing your dirty work. If you post stuff I'd assume you'd do the leg work to back it up if it's challenged. I'm not concerned with the authenticity, but the context. Again there's a difference between riots and protests.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
11 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Cool. I'm glad we agree the first tweet was garbage.

In regards to AOC's tweet, I don't want to keep doing your dirty work. If you post stuff I'd assume you'd do the leg work to back it up if it's challenged. I'm not concerned with the authenticity, but the context. Again there's a difference between riots and protests.

Thought you wanted honest conversation?  I'm not going through her tweets and threads to find out WHY she said something so stupid.  This is my problem with her, she's dramatic to the point of it being insulting, It's not honest politics.  It's reactionary politics, something that's literally tearing the country apart.