All things AOC

The context was in support of BLM protests.  I BELIEVE specifically about them getting in people's faces, impeding traffic etc.  That I cannot verify off the top of my head.

Her tune changed when a peaceful protest turned violent and infiltrated her job.  How many civilians had to deal with the EXACT same thing she did?  But she's traumatized over it.  Meanwhile honest people's livelihoods were trampled on in the name of what?

• Plus1 2

8 minutes ago, Redux said:

The context was in support of BLM protests.  I BELIEVE specifically about them getting in people's faces, impeding traffic etc.  That I cannot verify off the top of my head.

Her tune changed when a peaceful protest turned violent and infiltrated her job.  How many civilians had to deal with the EXACT same thing she did?  But she's traumatized over it.  Meanwhile honest people's livelihoods were trampled on in the name of what?

She's said before that she doesn't condone the violence of the 2020 unrest. The people who stormed the capitol threatening to hang Pence, kill Nancy, and we're looking for AOC is different than people protesting for fair and equal treatment, which is different than riots and looting (which is similar to the insurrection).

• Plus1 3
10 minutes ago, ZRod said:

She's said before that she doesn't condone the violence of the 2020 unrest. The people who stormed the capitol threatening to hang Pence, kill Nancy, and we're looking for AOC is different than people protesting for fair and equal treatment, which is different than riots and looting (which is similar to the insurrection).

Weird, because she also said:

On 6/9/2021 at 3:18 PM, Redux said:

q4pjOMX.jpg

She sang a different tune about it not that long ago.  Weir

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

People can protest and make people uncomfortable without rioting and looting.

Correct.  And by the same instance, not everyone at the Capitol was rioting and looting.  The one's that were I'm guessing is who she is referencing.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Redux said:

Correct.  And by the same instance, not everyone at the Capitol was rioting and looting.  The one's that were I'm guessing is who she is referencing.

Right, so why is it weird, or why did it need to be called out?

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Right, so why is it weird, or why did it need to be called out?

It's hypocrisy.  But you don't want to see it that way.  The difference between us is I'm not going to get flustered and try to convince you otherwise in multiple threads.

I do find it hilarious that people in the P&R thread are taking issue with dumping on politicians when for the last 5yrs it's essentially been the status quo feature of this board.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
37 minutes ago, Redux said:

It's hypocrisy.  But you don't want to see it that way.  The difference between us is I'm not going to get flustered and try to convince you otherwise in multiple threads.

I do find it hilarious that people in the P&R thread are taking issue with dumping on politicians when for the last 5yrs it's essentially been the status quo feature of this board.

You just said it wasn't hypocrisy though??? You said she's talking about the looters at the capitol (which I'll assume is the violent ones). Which would be the violence she condones, and not the people who protested and remained outside.

Nobody is talking about the people who stayed outside and didn't break things, assualt officers, or otherwise cause chaos. While they're misguided in my opinion they weren't the problem.

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, ZRod said:

You just said it wasn't hypocrisy though??? You said she's talking about the looters at the capitol (which I'll assume is the violent ones). Which would be the violence she condones, and not the people who protested and remained outside.

Nobody is talking about the people who stayed outside and didn't break things, assualt officers, or otherwise cause chaos. While they're misguided in my opinion they weren't the problem.

Idk what to tell ya.  I guess go call me names in the woodshed

If I see something she says or does that warrants getting called out, I'll do it.  If I'm wrong, feel free to let me know.  Even though you will regardless.

It's pretty standard forum practice.  People gripe about politicians in here everyday.  Why do you take such exception?

• Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
38 minutes ago, Redux said:

Idk what to tell ya.  I guess go call me names in the woodshed

If I see something she says or does that warrants getting called out, I'll do it.  If I'm wrong, feel free to let me know.  Even though you will regardless.

It's pretty standard forum practice.  People gripe about politicians in here everyday.  Why do you take such exception?

I'm not taking exception to gripes with politicians. Much like I don't take exceptions with gribes about Schumer, Pelosi, Reid, Mcconnell, Gavin, Cruz, etc. I just think your gripe is misguided, and if something is factually wrong I would expect it to be called out for myself or anyone else.

• Plus1 1

19 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I'm not taking exception to gripes with politicians. Much like I don't take exceptions with gribes about Schumer, Pelosi, Reid, Mcconnell, Gavin, Cruz, etc. I just think your gripe is misguided, and if something is factually wrong I would expect it to be called out for myself or anyone else.

Are ya sure?  Cause it kinda seems that way 

• 1 month later...