All things AOC

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

You’re still missing the point by a mile.

We’re the people marching peacefully last summer with police officers morons?  We’re the people at the completely legal Trump “stop the steal” protest/rally morons?

I’d say definitely not.  And the reason is because the events are completely different than illegal riots.

Stop the steal people are definitely morons...

• Plus1 4

3 hours ago, funhusker said:

You’re still missing the point by a mile.

We’re the people marching peacefully last summer with police officers morons?  We’re the people at the completely legal Trump “stop the steal” protest/rally morons?

I’d say definitely not.  And the reason is because the events are completely different than illegal riots.

The point you're making isn't the point I was making, not sure why this is so difficult to grasp

• Plus1 2
9 hours ago, Redux said:

The people that "invaded" the Capitol were complete morons.  They did exactly what the Left wanted them to do.  They made a giant scene, stirred up s#!t like idiots and were made an example of.  Now the Left has one big stink to cry about for a while.  Meanwhile we justified an entire Summer of violence and US secession and rioting in the name of systematic racism and police brutality.

Apparently the moral of the story is "two wrongs make a right" and "rioting is only a travesty if it slightly scares some politicians".

You sound like my kids: "Let me tell you why the thing I did wrong is actually my sibling's fault."

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Or completely ignore the obvious to do the same, I guess.

Thanks for validating my point

47 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

You having an off morning? This is pretty weak, you usually do better.

Kiids kept me up

• Plus1 2

18 minutes ago, Redux said:

If those are the mebtal gymnastics you choose then sure

You started a thread to complain AOC is exaggerating what happened to make some political point.

During this thread you expanded your point that people also downplay events to fit a narrative.

I added, and you agreed, that some people ignore reality all together to fit a narrative.

What was the point of this thread?

• Plus1 2
44 minutes ago, funhusker said:

You started a thread to complain AOC is exaggerating what happened to make some political point.

During this thread you expanded your point that people also downplay events to fit a narrative.

I added, and you agreed, that some people ignore reality all together to fit a narrative.

What was the point of this thread?

AOC does exaggerate to drive home her positions.  It's why she was chosen.

People not only downplay, they exaggerate.  Been over this.

You didn't add anything, you got stubborn about the same point just worded differently.

The point is AOC is a puppet and a dramatic talking head that people who like that sort of thing respond to.

• Plus1 2
50 minutes ago, Redux said:

AOC does exaggerate to drive home her positions.  It's why she was chosen.

People not only downplay, they exaggerate.  Been over this.

You didn't add anything, you got stubborn about the same point just worded differently.

The point is AOC is a puppet and a dramatic talking head that people who like that sort of thing respond to.

I’m not sure what your point even is.

You get worked up enough about AOC exaggerating to start a thread. 

You admit people ignoring details is in the same vein of political arguments.

And you continue to ignore the difference between legal protests and riots.  And I’m being stubborn?

• Plus1 2