B1G Allegations

Just read on ESPN Bo Schembechler’s own adopted son Matt, went to his adopted father and told him he was molested at age 10 by the team physician.  He is 62 now and is leading a charge to get to the bottom of this. 

There are now 900 former athletes who have attorney representation to pursue what might have been 30+ years of sexual misconduct by this man who passed away in 2008. 

I know Nebraska has had its share of suspended players, controversy, and headlines. No program is totally clean. But dear God, has there ever been any inkling of this type of behavior at DONU?  Speak now, let us know. 

Does anyone in the last 30-40 yrs know of any players or otherwise having an experience of Sandusky or this total trash at Michigan happen to them? Couple it with the detestable s#!t at Michigan St, I hope for all of Husker Nation that no one allowed a pervert creep to stay in the program who took advantage like these men did; whilst the head men in charge did nothing. 

I get that “programs protect their own.”  Kids make mistakes and should be offered a second chance. But this s#!t is disgusting. Consenting adults is one thing, but a person in a position where the young are offered to them and takes advantage of them cannot be tolerated. 

I hope and pray we never hear about this at N 

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, I am I said:

Just read on ESPN Bo Schembechler’s own adopted son Matt, went to his adopted father and told him he was molested at age 10 by the team physician.  He is 62 now and is leading a charge to get to the bottom of this. 

There are now 900 former athletes who have attorney representation to pursue what might have been 30+ years of sexual misconduct by this man who passed away in 2008. 

I know Nebraska has had its share of suspended players, controversy, and headlines. No program is totally clean. But dear God, has there ever been any inkling of this type of behavior at DONU?  Speak now, let us know. 

Does anyone in the last 30-40 yrs know of any players or otherwise having an experience of Sandusky or this total trash at Michigan happen to them? Couple it with the detestable s#!t at Michigan St, I hope for all of Husker Nation that no one allowed a pervert creep to stay in the program who took advantage like these men did; whilst the head men in charge did nothing. 

I get that “programs protect their own.”  Kids make mistakes and should be offered a second chance. But this s#!t is disgusting. Consenting adults is one thing, but a person in a position where the young are offered to them and takes advantage of them cannot be tolerated. 

I hope and pray we never hear about this at N 

I know his son was 10 when this happened.  But, aren't some of the allegations from ex players who were molested while they were players?  How in the heck does a disgusting human like this molest a football player?

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I know his son was 10 when this happened.  But, aren't some of the allegations from ex players who were molested while they were players?  How in the heck does a disgusting human like this molest a football player?

Just like how the sick disgusting human at Michigan State molested gymnastics athletes. Sickos are sickos. 

• Plus1 2

Very sad to hear things like this if true, and to know folks let it go on.  Not sure what kind of a person you have to be to ignore things like that.

****Disclaimer:   Terrible Insensitive Joke Below****

The only thing known at Nebraska in the last 20 years has been the molestation of the football program by those in charge.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

So the B1G has Sandusky (PSU), Larry Nassau (MSU), Richard Strauss (OSU), and now Anderson (UofM). Get out now NU, while you still can. 

lt does surprise me that football players and wrestlers, etc, let these guys get away with this stuff. In this case, Anderson apparently enjoyed prostate exams and checking for testicular cancer. Sick people in this world. It is even worse that in all these cases people in power knew and let them get away with it. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Saunders said:

Just remember... media members who are alumni of schools associated with these allegations actively campaigned for Nebraska to be kicked out of the conference for wanting to play football last season. And not a peep about this stuff.

This type of reporting doesn't fit their narrative sadly. Unfortunately, journalism has taken on quite a different meaning over the past 10-20 years. Sad because it makes those who do a great job be overshadowed far too often. 

Really hoping this is the last notable case of serial abusers in college athletics as it seems like this past decade has brought to light too many scumbags. 

• Plus1 5
2 hours ago, Saunders said:

Just remember... media members who are alumni of schools associated with these allegations actively campaigned for Nebraska to be kicked out of the conference for wanting to play football last season. And not a peep about this stuff.

Not to detract too much from the OP but I want nothing more than frosty to turn this thing into a juggernaut and run it up on some of these teams for a change.  Outside of ohio state, this league deserves a f'n thumping from Big Red on fall saturdays for all the ridiculous takes and BS aimed at this program.  While perhaps not the most sportsman like, i want a few games up 42-14 in the 4th and we add a couple more 7's to the board. Piss off some of the stodgy AF media members in this league who have a gripe about a game but dont report on s#!t like the original story here.

Back to the OP- that article and this story is absolutely horrific and disgusting.  Particularly the piece of him getting punched closed fist by his "dad" at the age of 10 after mentioning this to him.  What an absolute piece of s#!t, can't wait to see how Kevin Warren and big10 responds to this after decades of parading Bo around as the face of this league and coaching excellence 

• Plus1 3