WBB: 2021-22 Season Notes

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wasn’t able to watch the game. A tweet I read  indicated they couldn’t stop a good player ferihing to the basket. Shooting 62% tells me most of their shots were at the basket. 

Sounds like we need to work on some help defense. 

Iowa's best player did what she does every game, shooting probably a little worse than normal, but the rest of Iowa shot over 70%. That was the game there. They had one girl who hit her first 6 or 7 threes and only missed a single three the entire game.

• Fire 1

4 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Iowa just didn’t miss.  I find the fact that the Huskers were even in this game, let alone leading in the second half, encouraging.

Id be more concerned about the drives that led to fairly easy lay ups.  Overall I was impressed with the hustle and effort this team showed. 

We beat them on almost every other statistic but shooting percentage.  I still think 34 3s is alot when your not making them.

12 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

We beat them on almost every other statistic but shooting percentage.  I still think 34 3s is alot when your not making them.

Again, I didn't' watch the game.  But, I believe Markoski comes in for Bourne, correct?

Statistically, it sure appears that Marckoski should be seeing more minutes.  And, we need to be feeding the ball inside more instead of taking 34 3s that aren't falling.

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Again, I didn't' watch the game.  But, I believe Markoski comes in for Bourne, correct?

Statistically, it sure appears that Marckoski should be seeing more minutes.  And, we need to be feeding the ball inside more instead of taking 34 3s that aren't falling.

She missed two point blank shots.  I’m not say that as a knock.  She moves so well and she’s going to be a force.