WBB: 2021-22 Season Notes

6 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

These girls will remember that forever.  My college roommate was the video manager for the basketball team.  One summer night, there was a knock on the door and it was one of the players saying they are wanting to play at a local park and wanted us to play.  That was friggen cool.  It was one of Danny Knee's better teams.  I was so far out of my realm of athleticism.....but, it was dang fun and they were awesome.  If a college kid remembers that, younger kids would eat it up.

• Fire 1

There are reasons that coaches should not have relationships with players and I'm betting it is part of a code of conduct that is part of their contract. Coaches determine playing time and when a player needs to be taken out of a game. If that judgement is skewered by the coaches feelings for one of the players then his loyalty to his head coach, the university and the other players is in question. 

• Plus1 1
37 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

There are reasons that coaches should not have relationships with players and I'm betting it is part of a code of conduct that is part of their contract. Coaches determine playing time and when a player needs to be taken out of a game. If that judgement is skewered by the coaches feelings for one of the players then his loyalty to his head coach, the university and the other players is in question. 

Not just a contractual issue, but also likely policy violations and legal issues. I don't know UNL's specific policies, but I would bet they have something about prohibiting romantic relationships where there is a power disparity, such as professor/student, supervisor/employee, or coach/athlete. Also because of that power disparity, it could become a Title IX issue if there was ever a question of consent, harassment, or quid pro quo. 

• Plus1 4