QB Analytics

15 hours ago, lo country said:

Great example that this game is a team sport.....734 yards/5 TDs and still lose.......Damn

And that's what worries me the most.  We are long on potential on O and really short on proven guys.....

PLEASE show me a game where Martinez put up amazing- anything close to these stats and we lost?? Please include interceptions and fumbles. 

15 hours ago, Mavric said:

I mean ... his last year there they lost to Arizona State, Texas, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State, among others.  Obviously that's terrible QB play.  How can a team be expected to win when their QB puts up stat lines like 540 yards/5 TD, 367 yards/3 TDs, 734 yards/5 TDs and 361 yards/3 TDs????

Please show me games where Martinez put up these type  of numbers and we lost. Please include his fumbles and Interceptions. 

We really need guys around him to step up and make the drives easier for him. From here on out it is important that our Running backs demonstrate good vision to break some runs or keep drives going, and we do not have to rely on Adrian's running. His legs would be lethal if it were a luxury. Receivers need to get open and come down with 50/50 balls. He is pretty accurate when he can throw to a decent sized receiver. I think the O-line is good. Nebraska was hurt by Dedrick Mills having bad vision and no cutting ability, and Wandale's reluctancy to play his natural position. Adrian is going to surprise some people, and have a huge bounce back year. Frost has been saying for the last two years that we need to help Adrian out, and that we cannot keep scheming to get guys open. He is absolutely correct. 

I think Toure is going to be a huge boost for this offense, and Nebraska won the "trade" in terms of Wandale. With guys like Omar, Zavier, Oliver, Austin, and Toure, defenses really can't cheat. If I am a DB, I cannot just ignore those players and think they can't burn me. They will. 

Lastly, Nebraska schemes pretty damn well and when you have good players, you can scheme a team to death. Nebraska did this to tOSU in 2018, and probably would have won the game had JD not alligator armed a perfectly thrown ball. All I am saying is do not be surprised. 

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, Cobra Kai said:

PLEASE show me a game where Tommie Frazier put up amazing-anything close to these stats? 

MY POINT EXACTLY- the stats don't matter- WINNING does. Your point is the stats matter- so Please SHOW me where Martinez put up those type of numbers and we lost?

Tommie DIDNT TURN THE BALL OVER. 

Wasnt able to pass when we wanted to? Have you really watched all the games he played in- I DID- was at most of them. Tommie was Clutch, ice water in his veins.  He had command of the huddle, held everyone accountable, ran well, passed well when we needed it and DIDNT TURN THE BALL OVER> 47 TD passes- 18 INts , 36 Rushing TDs and I bet he didnt fumble- lose it more than 4-5 times. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1
30 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

MY POINT EXACTLY- the stats don't matter- WINNING does. Your point is the stats matter- so Please SHOW me where Martinez put up those type of numbers and we lost?

Tommie DIDNT TURN THE BALL OVER. 

Wasnt able to pass when we wanted to? Have you really watched all the games he played in- I DID- was at most of them. Tommie was Clutch, ice water in his veins.  He had command of the huddle, held everyone accountable, ran well, passed well when we needed it and DIDNT TURN THE BALL OVER> 47 TD passes- 18 INts , 36 Rushing TDs and I bet he didnt fumble- lose it more than 4-5 times. 

I never said stats did or didn't matter.  I said frazier was the qb of a buzzsaw team that was exceptional in every phase.  Adrian is on a team that's average at best.  Of course the records are going to be skewed towards Tommies teams.  They were way f'n better.  

And yes I have every game since I was about 10 recorded...so yeah, I've seen them, slap nuts.  Frazier was a great option quarterback.  One of the best to ever play collegiately.  In our current system, with our current players, he'd be Taylor Martinez.  No national championships, no conference championships.

You're bashing a QB because you don't know what else to do.  Has he been great?  No.  Has he been dreadful?  Mostly, no.  Does he fumble more than he should?  Yes.  Does he throw picks?  Yep.  Harder to complete passes when someone is within 30 yards of the receiver. 

You can't even compare the two qbs throwing abilities...Frazier played against 10-11 in the box all the time.  Our team used to be a bulldozer.  Now, the team has kind of sucked.  Not all AMs fault, that's for sure.

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, Nebraska55fan said:

PLEASE show me a game where Martinez put up amazing- anything close to these stats and we lost?? Please include interceptions and fumbles. 

Not about AM at all.  Just pointing out that even with all world production at QB, Mahomes lost those games......meaning nothing more than I posted.  Football is a team sport.  In those losses, other guys failed......It will take the NU O, at all levels and positions to succeed.  NEVER thought AM was ever close or could be close to those numbers.......Wasn't about AM at all TBH.....Just stating the obvious.  And @Mavricpost shows that.  Football is a team sport.

Your assumption I was trying to compare AM to Mahomes.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, lo country said:

Not about AM at all.  Just pointing out that even with all world production at QB, Mahomes lost those games......meaning nothing more than I posted.  Football is a team sport.  In those losses, other guys failed......It will take the NU O, at all levels and positions to succeed.  NEVER thought AM was ever close or could be close to those numbers.......Wasn't about AM at all TBH.....Just stating the obvious.  And @Mavricpost shows that.  Football is a team sport.

Your assumption I was trying to compare AM to Mahomes.

If this had nothing to do with Martinez or to try and make him look better because a great QB lost games too- why even mention it? Some totally random data then I guess. 

3 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Do you even know what constitutes being in the box? Clearly you do not. 

Maybe I exaggerated about 11 in the box...but he routinely saw 8-9-10.  I'm done arguing with you.  It's going nowhere.  You think AM blows, I don't.   You think it's all his fault, I don't.  

Tommie Frazier supporting cast was vastly superior in every conceivable way.  Frazier would be average in our current system and Adrian would be better on the 94-95 team.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Cobra Kai said:

Maybe I exaggerated about 11 in the box...but he routinely saw 8-9-10.  I'm done arguing with you.  It's going nowhere.  You think AM blows, I don't.   You think it's all his fault, I don't.  

Tommie Frazier supporting cast was vastly superior in every conceivable way.  Frazier would be average in our current system and Adrian would be better on the 94-95 team.  

10 in the box- that's the second time you said this, CLEARLY you do not understand the game very well or what "in the box" means. OR you never watched Fraziers games. 

I didnt say AM blows, he has a lot of heart- he is just a bad QB right now and unfortunately Mario hasnt proven here that he can develop QBs. Hes the best we have- and thats that. 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Nebraska55fan said:

10 in the box- that's the second time you said this, CLEARLY you do not understand the game very well or what "in the box" means. OR you never watched Fraziers games. 

I didnt say AM blows, he has a lot of heart- he is just a bad QB right now and unfortunately Mario hasnt proven here that he can develop QBs. Hes the best we have- and thats that. 

Cover 0 with one out wide.  Our tight splits and I formation....leads to safeties coming down in the box.  One out wide.  10 in tight.  I've watched those games 100 times.  Teams always had 8/9.  Sometimes they brought 10 and that's when dr. Tom threw the PA pass to a wide open TE over the middle.