DB Tyreke Johnson Transerring from Ohio State to Nebraska

I'd say I'm still more cautiously optimistic, rather than over the moon like you'd normally be when you bring in a 5* guy. I've said before: for every Justin Fields in the transfer portal, there's ten Tate Martells. I'd be more excited about a guy who has actually shown he can play at a high level on a college field (even at a lower level).

I still wanna know which position they're planning to have him play (or at least start out at). Any word on that?

• Plus1 4

46 minutes ago, Toe said:

I'd say I'm still more cautiously optimistic, rather than over the moon like you'd normally be when you bring in a 5* guy. I've said before: for every Justin Fields in the transfer portal, there's ten Tate Martells. I'd be more excited about a guy who has actually shown he can play at a high level on a college field (even at a lower level).

I still wanna know which position they're planning to have him play (or at least start out at). Any word on that?

That’s pretty much where I’m at with transfers. 

Someone like Toure I view differently. He’s proven he can play very well at a lower level school and wants to prove himself at a power 5. 

when they transfer between power 5 programs and haven’t  had major playing time, I’m glad to have him, but it’s a wait and see. 

2 hours ago, Toe said:

@BigRedBuster Yeah, I was thinking specifically of Toure, Manning, and Kolarevic when I wrote that. I'm more interested in lower division guys who have proven themselves than guys with lots of hype but no results to date.

I'm cautiously optimistic for one reason.  He was a 5* kid on a team with 5* kids.  Not getting much playing time isn't as concerning coming from OSU as say a 5* kid transferring from a low tier power 5 school that couldn't crack the roster.  ie from Maryland to NU. Even though we are closer to Maryland than OSU and that hurts....

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Just about every play on that would be a flag.  

Trust me I noticed.  The athletic ability is there.  Technique in that video.  Not so much.  One thing to remember is that he was a safety in hs so this is him in hs taking a stab at corner on a lot of those plays against fellow HS All American receivers.

3 minutes ago, floridacorn said:

These kids pick up the worst habits playing in those 7 on 7 leagues, but I like the fact he's agro, & takes the competition personally

28 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Trust me I noticed.  The athletic ability is there.  Technique in that video.  Not so much.  One thing to remember is that he was a safety in hs so this is him in hs taking a stab at corner on a lot of those plays against fellow HS All American receivers.

I just hope he didn't get to OSU and think that he could still do that crap and that's why he's transferring.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Just about every play on that would be a flag.  

And I'm betting that Ohio State told him that, and he wound up overcompensating and playing soft when he saw the field for them.