DB Tyreke Johnson Transerring from Ohio State to Nebraska

I like the aggressiveness. I think he will be able to harness it in a college game, most of what he was doing was peacocking to the coaches in the stands letting them know he is physical. Its not like he doesn't know or has not heard that, that style of play can get penalties. I mean ohia state wouldn't have wasted a ship  on the guy if they thought otherwise.  Alfonzo Dennard style, will he get a penalty or two yep,  will he break up a  pass or get a pick 6  most defiantly, juice is worth the squeeze in this one.  

• Plus1 1

We want aggressive guys.  Only a short time ago we were complaining about soft Defenses in which guys didn't know how to tackle or were afraid to tackle.  I'd rather have a guy who is too aggressive than one who works too hard at trying to avoid penalties and or contact.    On the offense we also need RBs who crave contact and delivering a hit before the defensive guy tries to hit him.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

We want aggressive guys.  Only a short time ago we were complaining about soft Defenses in which guys didn't know how to tackle or were afraid to tackle.

He's mostly just throwing shoulders in that clip. I think the only actual tackle he made was on a guy who didn't have the ball...

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Toe said:

I think the only actual tackle he made in that video clip was on a guy who didn't have the ball...

Like I said Aggressive !! :hitit   :box          Yes, I did notice that also - he plays safety in those clips like I use to play basketball with my sons when they were in high school - they were faster but I could lean on them and hold their shirt to offset their speed!

Fisher cross-trains just about every player in his group between corner, safety and the slot, and Johnson will be no different, though he said the plan to start off is for him to play primarily corner.

Well, that does make me feel a bit more optimistic about him - he's at least somewhat open to playing other positions.

On 6/14/2021 at 10:12 AM, RichardHangslow said:

I like the aggressiveness. I think he will be able to harness it in a college game, most of what he was doing was peacocking to the coaches in the stands letting them know he is physical. Its not like he doesn't know or has not heard that, that style of play can get penalties. I mean ohia state wouldn't have wasted a ship  on the guy if they thought otherwise.  Alfonzo Dennard style, will he get a penalty or two yep,  will he break up a  pass or get a pick 6  most defiantly, juice is worth the squeeze in this one.  

he has been beaten out by a bunch of NFL bound kids at Ohio State, so he had to move on. we will be happy to take their left overs.